Gold Country Drive - Sunday October 17th - Attendee's | FerrariChat

Gold Country Drive - Sunday October 17th - Attendee's

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by PeterS, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The drive date has been set for Sunday, October 17th. Please use this thread to advise if you will attend AND state your interest to have dinner in Sonora at Melodie's. At $25 per person, Melodie will do a knock out dinner for us! If we have enough people, we will set up a side banquest room and have some fun. If we do dinner, I would propose 6:00 or 7:00.

Please use the other Gold Country thread to talk about meeting places, pref's for a dinner menu (and interest thereof, etc).

Please post here as follows (Example):

ART: Yes, I'm In. Dinner: Yes Pref time for dinner: 7:00PM.

2. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I'm In. Dinner: Yes Pref time for dinner: 7:00PM
    Whatever you guys pick is good though. I am flexible

3. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    To Peters, tentatively we have: henry, bob, phil, nabyl, gabe, ron, pat, jason, james,and counting... are in!! -at least 7-8 F cars. Prefer dinner start @ 6:00PM or sooner because we have to drive back. I will post meeting place, drive... before dinner at the other thread since its 1 1/2 months away. Henry

4. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    PeterS: I am in. Dinner: Yes Time: 6 or 7 is OK.

5. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Dinner at 6 is best, remember some of us have to work the next day!
    I will actually be coming over from Laguna Seca, after the World Challenge race. It is a long haul through Manteca and all, but some pretty good uncrowded roads. I will hopefully be in town earlier than 6, I am a regular customer of "The Vault", and have to stop in and see what's new.

PS: "The Vault" is an art gallery, not a bar.

6. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dinner sounds good. Maybe we all meet and drive at say noon. Location and route to be decided?

Art

7. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Maybe shooting for 5:30 for dinner would be best. That would mean we would all be sitting down by 6:00 and everyone can get on the road by 7:00. If we meet at noon in placerville, it's only a 2 hour drive to Sonora. We can all stop in Sutter Creek and Angles Camp and Columbia (Which is a pretty cool town, closed off to only foot traffic) to bang around for an hour at each town.

8. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Artherd/Ben Cannon: Yes, I'm In. Dinner: Yes Pref time for dinner: ~7:00PM. But I am very flexible.

9. ART360

ART360 Guest

Placerville at noon, where?

Art

10. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.

Good point, Placerville(downtown) is the crossroads of a sort with 49. Between the bikers and the tourists, it can get pretty crowded. Just throwing out a suggestion...The best possible parking downtown is near Mels(50's type diner). There is a large lot across the street and to the side.

Remember, do not forget those radar detectors!

11. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Sounds good to me. Can you post a map. Is it off HWY 50, like a block?

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    If you were going east on 50 toward Placerville...you will arrive to a stretch where Highway 50 has traffic lights at the intersections. Turn right at either of the first two lights. If you miss the first two, the third one will work as well. South of 50, Main Street runs parallel of 50, on the south side of Main Street you'll see Mells Diner.