F-car transport from CO to CA? | FerrariChat

F-car transport from CO to CA?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ben, lj, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Any suggestions? Preferrably, it would be someone who could pick it up late next week? TIA

2. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    Call DAS Shippers at (800) 826-1083. Make sure you tell them you need a enclosed trailer.

Hope that helps!

3. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    I have used Intercity Lines twice with great results. Both times were from CO to CA. Good service and communication.

4. andymo1972

andymo1972 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    Call Mary Anno at TNT Auto Transport 1.866.566.5227. They have always taken awesome care of my vehicles and can often work with a tight schedule. They are truly door-to-door and don't take the car off of the trailer at a terminal, let it sit a day or so and put it on a different trailer, etc. They also call you daily with a report on where the driver is and if there is any change to the estimated delivery date...Great peace of mind!

Regardless of who you choose, make sure that "enclosed transport" means enclosed from door-to-door. I had an issue with DAS a couple years ago b/c even though they brought my car across the country in a trailer, the final delivery was done on a flatbed tow truck...which the car did not want to come off of due to the low ground clearance. It was a nightmare to say the least watching the driver offload the car.

Good luck

Andy
    00 360 Modena silver/navy

5. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've used Intercity very happily in the past but wouldn't use DAS if they paid ME to transport it.

6. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
  7. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
  8. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
  9. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    I've only used Passport once, but it wasn't a pleasant experience time wise (reality vs. promised, etc).

10. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I recently used Horseless Carrage to transport my 355 F1 to Boardwalk Ferrari (Ferrari of Dallas). Enclosed trailer only a few months old, got their name from the dealer as a recomended service. No issues or problems.

11. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen
    I had my 360 spider transported from CA to NC by Gary Almond. He is very active in the Viper boards and transports many of them from owners to tuner shops. My friend used him for his Murcielago. The guy is very anal about cars, super nice and accomodating. He has a single enclosed trailer specially altered for low profile cars. He is my definate first choice if he is available. I would be uncomfortable with using those multi car transporters even if they were enclosed. Who knows what goes on during the loading and unloading process let alone joy rides at rest stops have crossed my mind. The good thing about Gary is that he is a "car guy" not just a truck driver. Hope this helps. http://www.almondexotictransports.com/ I think another 360 owner Tom Pham who is on this site used Gary also.

12. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Thanks for the Gary Almond recommendations everyone but he's unavailable for about two weeks (I called him first).

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    www.djstransport.com

Jonathan Peck, a fchatter, honest exotic car salesman and all around good guy, owns a transport company. I haven't used his services, but I'd trust him to deliver on any promises he made.

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

so you bought the stradale that was on sale in colorado? the one with the cream seats?

15. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    yep. i really wanted black leather but the car was otherwise what i was looking for.

16. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Fly in and drive it back. The mountains are beautiful in Sept and the weather is generally perfect (watch forecasts) You'll have a memory you won't ever tire of!

Dave
    (In Colorado)

17. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Sounds great, but we're expecting our first child soon and I don't wanna risk missing it. Also, it's doubtful I would be a licensed driver by the time I got back :)

18. GaryA

GaryA Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    Full Name:
    Gary Almond
    Ben,

Sorry I couldn't help you out. My business is growing very fast and I'm trying to expand without losing the "personal touch" that I offer. It's funny, a couple of weeks ago I was worried that business was getting a little "quiet". Now it's off the hook again. Let me know if I can help out in the future or if you can't find someone to transport your car.

Phong,

Thanks for your support--it is very much appreciated! By the way, I dropped off Linh's Viper this morning!

19. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ben,

i trusted mr. gary almond w/ my f-360 and my lambo diablo roadster....and all my cars in the future.

gary is top notch....he wouldn't let someone w/ bad breath near your car let alone put a scratch in it......

you are in good hands w/ gary almond.

tom

20. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway

like gary but more local, not sure he'll send a guy that far, but he goes to NV for me alot and has beautiful trucks and trailers

21. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Thanks. Jonathan rapidly hooked me up with a carrier which he swears by for shipping his Lambos and F-cars at a great price that perfectly fits my desired time frame.

22. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Glad I was able to help Ben, I only wish my trucks were able to do it for you. Doug and I have been working together for quite some time helping each other out and you will not be disappointed.

JP

23. ART360

ART360 Guest

I've used concours with great success on two occassions. Mike the driver there, even let us ride with him because we could n't get the plane into Oregon because of weather. His number is:
    44-623-6696. Enjoy your new toy.

Art