Improved Aftermarket Brakes | FerrariChat

Improved Aftermarket Brakes

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by chrismorse, Sep 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrismorse

chrismorse Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    way north california
    Full Name:
    chris morse
    I have seen several manufacturers mentioned for improved Ferrari Brakes:

Brembo

Movit

Stop Tech

Wildwood

Many have purchased and installed various kits

I wold like to develope a reference thread for current and future enthusiasts that would offer specifications and price comparisons, as well as owner feedback, specifically;effectiveness, ease of installation, manufacturer responsiveness to questions, rim size required/clearance problems, availability of pads and any other relevant information.

In addition, there are many closely related topics that I think would be very helpfull to have catagorized or reference for future use:
    Brake prortioning valves, stainless brake lines, brake fluid and brake adaptor kits; e.g. 355 adaptor kit for the 308.

To start with, anyone having experience with brake imporvement kits could respond. If there is enough interest, we could put the data into a data base or spresdshet format, (need help with this one) to compile and analyze data for ease of use/reference.

My particular interest is track preping a 27 year old GTB, but to really make this thread usefull, I would like to open it up to all Ferraris.

Trying to slow it down,
    chris

2. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Hey Chris
    Laudable project. One input: I've wrestled with the stock brakes at the track, been through a variety of types of fluid (3 or 4) and pads (3 - 4), put in custom ductwork (F), a bias valve, bent the backing plates on the front pads, had the master let go etc.

I am in the process of changing the mechanical leverage (done), pulling out the booster (done), putting in twin MC with balance bar (finishing the custom fab) and getting the 355 brakes on the car (on the water but no mounting brackets yet). I'll post details of my mods when complete along with pics of the install.

If the Almighty is willing, I'll have it at Grattan Raceway with everything except the 355 brakes in a week and at Road America with all the kit in place later this month.
    Philip

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have Brembo F50 brakes on both my 512TR road & race car & they are amazing & they work all the time & never fade.

I will be adding them to my F40, and I was told the calipers will fit my 68 Vette & I'll see if I can install them on my Mitsu 3000GTVR4 race car also.

They do require 18" wheels & stock 512TR wheels wont clear in front

Then I only have to buy 1 style of brake pad :)