Optional Leather Interior - what colors were offered ? | FerrariChat

Optional Leather Interior - what colors were offered ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by peajay, Sep 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am planning on replacing the grubby rear shelf and side panels on my 328, I can't find any material close to the original Ferrari material and just cannot bring myself to pay the high price for the original stuff. So I am thinking of using leather, I know this was an option when the car was new but I don't know what color would look good. My car is Corsa red with the original tan seats, anyone know what was the color of the optional leather trim for tan interior ?

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    I believe the trim color, (rear shelf, sills) were typically matched to the carpet color. When you mention, 'side panels' what are you referring to.

3. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    By side panels I mean the few pieces that come down from the roof and by the side of the rear quarter windows. My car has original red/bordeaux carpet but I wouldn't want to have this on the trim also, but more trim in the same color as the tan seats may be a little too much, I don't know. Has anyone seen a car with the original optional leather ? besides the usual seats and door panels etc.

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm not sure that it was optional , I think people have just been covering them in leather for the look or the price , the ones I've seen have been either tan ( same color as seats ) or black

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

pm member ATLANTAMAN, he has a kit he is putting together to redo this area , he has a nice 308 and i believe he may be able to help you one way or another. cheers.

6. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Personally I would contact FNA regading this.

7. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    To the best of my resources, this trim was always either the grey/black striped fabric, or the tan/brown striped fabric depending on body color & model year.

Keith Bluemel researched the 308 fairly thoroughly & reported his findings in 'The Original Ferrari V8'. He mentions a lot of varients, but leather rear deck/side trim wasn't one of them.

Several FerrariChat members have redone theirs in leather. Ric Rainbolt redid his 308GTB's top & rear deck in leather dyed to match the seats. Search the Old Ferrari Chat Tech Q&A archives.

8. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    on my euro carb 308, it is all trimmed in black vinyl, there is no carpeting around the rear window area, as is with the US models.