Ferrari F430 at the racing days gala dinner! | FerrariChat

Ferrari F430 at the racing days gala dinner!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gian Marco Bottega, Sep 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gian Marco Bottega

Nov 18, 2003
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Marco Bottega
  2. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    nice photos of the actual car.

3. FerrariEnzo

FerrariEnzo Karting

May 16, 2004
    Shaker Heights
    Full Name:
    Holden
    It looks very aggresive, amazing.

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Wow!
    Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Anyone else think the wheels are great looking?

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    looks like rosso dino, or at least rosso scuderia

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I do. But I must admit I'm still getting used to the proportions of the rest of the car.

7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i wish they would have done something more evolutionary to the rear instead of the enzo rear.....

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    With you on this one Henry. :(

The whole car looks kinda kit-ish to me, what with the large scoops all over the place. (Sigh) Guessing / hoping this will grow on me.

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I have to agree. I imagine Ferrari had no idea how to make the rear end on their new model the 430 so they just copied the Enzo. I have no problem with that, its looks nice but the Enzo should stay unique.

10. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    The rear end still looks horrible. And I agree with the kit car comments -- the super-sized scoops all over the place really do make it look like a kit car!

If I ever do get one, it'll have to be black to tone down the weirdness.

11. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Man, I keep asking myself how something like that got put into production. It just looks totally convoluted.

12. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Wow, that car looks awesome, so aggressive.

Ferrari is real big with the hopla leading up to a new car going on sale.
    I mean just take the F430 for example. In late July the car is shown to about 1000 special people at Fiorano, then in late August offical pictures are released, followed by the car being shown to a select few at the Ferrari Racing Days at the 'Ring in early September, finally making its official public debut in Paris late in September. They really know how to keep us wanting more.

13. I love it looks very agressive it will still look 10x better on the road then anything.

14. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Great shots. It's so tailored but aggressive and muscular, even the engine bay and the exhausts. Yet it's never bulky. I cannot wait to see it in the flesh.

Many thanks,

Cavallini

15. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Kit cars are poor copies of Pininfarina and Lambo. That's where they stole their ideas. Don't criticize the original. That's like blaming Charlie Parker for easy-listening Jazz.

Forza,

Cavallini

16. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Apologies for any confusion - I meant that the car looks more "ricer-ish" with the inclusion of more pronounced scoops (side vents above the rear wheels, front side vents, etc.). A different approach than the elegant and timeless design of the 355 IMO.

17. udalmia

udalmia Guest

cant stand the grey **** in the front intakes

18. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
    I love it, and I really love it in the silver/gray the first few pics of the car were showing. Now it's a reality :D

19. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    cant stand the rear of the car....
    it definitely does look like a$$

wish they had a bigger challenge grill to make it look more aggressive

but i love the rims.....are they 18" or 19" stock?

20. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
  21. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    yup! 355 was beautiful, 360 still had nice lines and was quite original at the time.

this car kinda looks like it was a modena put together with some left over parts. the 348>355 redesign was far better.

oh well, i'd still get one, just think they could have done a better job. i think the stradale looks better.

22. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I think the color is Rosso Scuderia, but looks a little darker in the artificial light than the orange it becomes in bright sunlight.

I must admit that I'm still unsettled by the car. It looks so much like the 360, but with the various scoupes and intakes all growing bigger, the smoothness of the prodecessor's design is disturbed. The rear is starting to grow on me, while the front is the only part that I think is a clear improvement.

The embossed F430 logo on the side mirror looks much more subtle in these pictures than the renderings we saw before. I think this will become a favorite detail on the car.

Overall, if I think back to how horrified I was when I first saw a Modena, to now where I consider it one of the most beautiful cars ever, the 430 deserves it's fair allotment of time to ferment in our collective eyes.

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I have to agree that in some colours the rear looks okay ... but in red it looks fussy and too tall.

I do not mind the front (especially the headlights which are a major improvement over the 360) but why the grey part of the oval inlets?

The car is better than I originally thought it was going to be ... but is not elegant or flowing ... just like the ugly Enzo.

I have to admit that Lamborghini are most definitely winning the style battle at the moment ... Ferrari now look like Lamborghini of yester-year, trying way to hard with little add ons all over the car, etc.

The best looking supercar/Ferrari/Lamborghini at the moment is the Murci by a long way. Ferrari IMO need to ensure somebody is sacked at Pininfarina ... or take their styling elsewhere. Just because that company has lost the knack should not bring Ferrari down.

Pete

24. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Humm, if you ask me the big side air intakes and big spoiler on the F355 look more "ricer-ish" as you say. The F430 looks much more aggressive and modern if you ask me....and that's comming from someone who likes the F355 alot.

25. youngtifosi

youngtifosi Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    arg pics are orange