Chauffeur driven hire | FerrariChat

Chauffeur driven hire

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F328GTS, Sep 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Has anybody on this forum ever given chauffeur driven rides for a wedding or prom night? I would never consider hiring my car out as a self drive, but if I were to drive that would be a different thing.

Any idea how much you could charge to take a groom on his last ride as a single man to the church?

This sounds like a good way to cover the annual running costs of an F-car.

2. mario308

mario308 Karting

May 15, 2001
    UK
    Hi I've done it a few times mainly for school proms, couples out for dinner, school raffle prizes etc.

It's a lot easier in my Mondial as you can either take a couple or an accompanying parent if a young child wants a ride.

I've never made any real money but did set up a web site years ago to see if I could attract any business.

See http://rossorides.50megs.com/

Cheers,
    Mario.

3. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Hi Mario,

Thanks for the response. How much could you charge for a school prom run? Please send me a PM if you do not want this to be public.

Thanks,

Nigel.

4. mario308

mario308 Karting

May 15, 2001
    UK
    Nigel.

You got mail. - Cheers, Mario.

5. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yes, I've been doing it in the 355 for 2 yrs and now doing it in the Murci, see www.occasionallyferrari.co.uk
    I charge £299 for taking the groom and best man to the church (separatley) then waiting throughout the service and having fotos after and finishing by taking the bestman to the reception.
    Have paid for the 355 in the summer months but my advice is dont bother with advertising, ring all the local hotels and ask when the next wedding fairs are on,and go to these. You'll need to get some brochures printed up too.

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Is this becourse of a business opportunity, or have you been asked if you would drive somebody you know, or that a frend knows to a wedding or prom. I suppose it maybe just me but i take any one for a ride if its a one of at no charge. I mean if its a business like simon355s thats fair enough.

7. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Bear in mind that if you accept money for giving a ride, your insurance is probably invalidated (you will need hire and reward cover)

I drove my wife away from the church in my 328 after our wedding- it was a nightmare folding the dress into the car! I was paranoid about shutting the door on part of the dress and driving through a muddy puddle...

Robert.

8. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    If you're going to do it then its got to be done properly, hire & reward insurance,brochures,yellow pages & a website. Its good fun and you get to meet some nice people but its paid for the 355 throughout the summer(though not made much more). The Murci will be £400 for 3 hours,- i'm setting up a new name for that.

9. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Been doing the same thing with my 348 Spyder in my area.

Goeff doing the same thing in the Hull area.

10. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
  11. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Thanks all for the feedback, in particular to Simon, your website is just what I was looking for. I had not even considered birthday surprises. I will checkout the insurance and get planning for next spring.

Nigel.