euro helmet, and canada legislation ... | FerrariChat

euro helmet, and canada legislation ...

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Z0RR0, Sep 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Hi all,

I have a problem with a helmet a bought a while ago in France. It is very nice and in top shape, but only has the french transportation certification. And in Canada, you need a DOT helmet.
    How can I (if I can) have it DOT approved?

This is not a safety issue since the helmet is a very good one ... just a certification matter ...

Thanks

2. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Who is going to check? If you really need a DOT sticker then take one off a very second hand (cheap) helmet.

3. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    During the license exam. I have to go through it again (since Quebec bureaucrats decided the french license is crap), and I fear that the guy says "mmh, let's see your helmet, is it approved?" and fails me because of that. I'd be pissed. It's a nice Shoei, Russell replica and all, so on the street, no one is ever gonna think about checking for the sticker ... so it's just for the license test ...

4. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I see your problem. Can you borrow a lid for the day? Good luck with the test.

5. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I dunno if I could borrow one. Probably. Wouldn't fit as nicely though.
    No worries for the test. Been a motocross guy since age 10 ... just a couple "bad" habits to think about. :)