SLR on Ebay | FerrariChat

SLR on Ebay

Discussion in 'Other German' started by SefacHotRodder, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
  2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
  3. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
  4. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    WTF? 750k and reserve not met?????

5. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    easy there,

you do know how greedy people are here in america with their mark-ups right?

add that to the fact that there are a TON of really rich people, especially in california

pretty lame for us less-fortunate
    although if you really wanted a certain car you'd get on the waiting list years in advance to get it for msrp

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well peopl have paid 1 million plus for an Enzo..Why not for this car? It's rare,fast and built by the same people who brought us the F1..is it worth it? of course not..will sombody buy it for an insane price? Of course they will.

7. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Nothing to do with greed or "poor us less fortunate" ... I just think that car is not worth 750 grands! But if course, someone will buy it. Someone who thinks it is worth it to him. Good for him/her.

I don't necesserily love the Enzo, but I understand people paying a million for it. It makes some sense. The SLR on the other end ... sorry, nope. It's not worth more than msrp ... there again, I wouldn't pay so much for such car. In the 250s would be a better ballpark. I don't see it as rare in a couple years.

8. gentry

gentry Guest

I only have one problem with this car.

I give someone 15 minutes before they pass out in the drivers seat of this car with the windows down in traffic.

Also, how did they manage to make those side exit exausts. I thought the law stated exaust had to exit no earlier than the rear-most passenger seating.

EDIT:

Oh, and people have already paid upwards of 1m for this car. Considering its faster than an Enzo and much nicer/comfy/useable, i can see why.

9. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Where do you get your info from? You couldn't pass out on purpose breathing the exhaust of a modern car - it's often cleaner than ambient air. And in what way do you consider the SLR faster than the Enzo? I believe the enzo is about a half-second better to 60 and gets another 20 mph on the top end.

10. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Buy-it-now option for 1m.... Someone deserves a piece of lead between the eyes.

As for exhaust being cleaner than air... You better be joking... Or are you one of the people that bid 750,000 on that SLR?