Europeanplates.com...any luck? | FerrariChat

Europeanplates.com...any luck?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SrfCity, Sep 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I ordered a custom Euro plate from this guy on 8/7/04. Three e-mail requests for delivery no plate or date. He did respond twice to e-mails saying he'd get back and never did. Web site: http://www.europeanplates.com/

He said that he outsources the Euro plates.

The guy is:
    Tyler Edmondson Email: [email protected]
    Edmondson Consulting LLC
    5215 SW Admiral Way
    Seattle, WA 98166
    Phone: 206-935-4940 Fax: 206-935-4940

When you call the number it's just a voice thing with a standard reply directing you to the web site and e-mailing.

Has anyone dealt with this outfit before and did you get your plate? I will keep everyone posted if I get it.

Scott

P.S. - here's the kind of thing I ordered

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Sorry buddy, looks like a fake to me.
    I have never seen such plate in Italy/Roma.

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yes, this is a fake of course, it's an example of a custom one. They will supposedly make it with anything you want on there.

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    so why don`t you gonna buy an original one from Roma/Italy?
    You can get them for 20$ + SH

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

OK, tell me where I get one then? Maybe that's what this guy is doing and it just takes forever. Thanks for the info.

6. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    last christmas I ordered a custom euro plate as a gift for a friend from him/europlates.com and it took a solid 6 to 8 weeks to get the plate. Then when I finally did get the plate, it was wrong. I emailed him and i had the new, correct plate in my hands in 2 weeks. It took a long time, and he didn't respond/communicate very well but I did finally get my plate(s)... Not much help, but that's my experience with him.

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Well, at least I know you got it.

8. Chocaine

Chocaine Rookie

May 1, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I ordered a plate in May, received it in late june, a far cry from the shipping times listed on the site. Plate was right, but no frame and wrong stickers meant it wasn't going on the car. Emailed several times, he told me he shipped the missing parts. Long story short, I didn't get the frame and sticker until late august. Still missing a sticker, but I'm just tired of dealing with incompetent people.

My friend has had a good experience with www.eutags.com They are much more expensive though, and don't offer italians.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seems like this guy doesn't care. He's proably not making much so he figures what the h@ll. I'm curious on the Wolfgang option??????

10. europeancardriver

Sep 7, 2004
    Hello, In response to SrfCity, the plate was in fact ordered on the date mentioned. These are custom and do take some time. They are in fact printed in Europre and by us, we do not outsource them. We responded to every email from him and explained the common delays (customs, ETC). I am not making excuss's here, we are behind schedule and have never failed to process and complete an order. Srfcity has been mailed a picture of his plate which arrived last thrusday and is shipping tomorrow via USPS priority mail. If the other two posters truly ordered from use and it took that long I will gladley refund any shipping cost and same goes for srfcity. We have one of the best prices on the EEC "I" show plates and if any one is selling the Double Blue band Italian plates I can personally tell you it is illegal. Chocaine the EEC "I" plates would not have a sticker on them.

Thanks for your time and we apoligize for any problems.

Tyler Edmondson - [email protected]

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Well as you can see I finally got some info on delivery ;) I guess the squeaky wheel gets a little oil. It looks bich'n btw. Can't wait to get it. Once I do I'll let you guys know.

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Got it! Thanks Tyler for expediting it :)

13. Canter

Canter Rookie

Sep 24, 2004
    I bought my plates 2 month ago.
    Nothing arrived yet.
    I asked him for a tracking number. Never got one.
    He isn't replying to my mails anymore. But i get "read notifications"

I want my plates or my money back.
    I hate things like this happening.

PayPal was contacted already.

So you guys are not alone out there. Dont trust this shop anymore!

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Me too... Very curious, actually... Wolfgang, can you give us more information...?

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, he went dead on this one.

Tell him you've posted this on F-chat and see what happens. As you can see I got my plate but it took lighting a fire under his a_s to get it. Good luck I think that you will eventually get them.

16. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

And, whadya know here it is........

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Looks pretty awesome, too, congratulations... Can i assume the letters "SGS" are your initials...?

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  19. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea :)

20. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    This one looks quite nice yes, but I'm very sorry to inform you that some of the custom license plates and country tags on europeanplates.com don't even come close looking like real European license plates, exept for the color. The standard dimensions, fonts and/or position of the letters/numbers are totally different. This is particulary the case with the Italy and Belgium plates, also but more subtile with the other ones. The German ones are best matching. And believe me, I see lot's of various European plates :)

Of course, it's ok if you just want a custom plate that looks a bit like a European one from a distance, but if you want it to be a correct replica with all the details at the right place, these are not it. People who know the real thing, will always see something wrong. Especially when compared with a real one.

Sorry, just thought I should say this.

21. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I found this place with a search; they seem to have a good collection of badges, etc. Anyone ever ordered from them?

http://www.haleymotorsports.com/index.html

Actually, what I'd like to find is an oval flexible magnetic USA badge to balance and complement the magnetic horse shield badge mounted to the left of my rear plate. Haley motorsports sells the right design but it's attached with adhesive backing.

22. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I think people here are just trying to get something that looks similar and that's about it. According to this Tyler guy plates with stickers on both sides are illegal to produce so I think this is the next best thing. Not unless you know of a source??????

23. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Adhesive backing is what you want. Magnetic may fly off or someone will walk off with it. Adhesive will stay on and when you want to remove it just use a hair dryer. FWIW.

24. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It won't mess up your paint if you take it off with a hair dryer?

My shield hasn't fallen off yet even at 60+ but there's always a first--and last--time.

25. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

No, you just heat it enough to begin to loosen the adhesive tape.