Need A Good Alignment shop | FerrariChat

Need A Good Alignment shop

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jdubbya, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    If all goes well I should have my new shocks and springs in before this weekend is over. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good shop to do a four wheel alignment? West Sound or Tacoma would be easiest but Seattle area will also do just fine. It would be outstanding if they were also capable of checking corner weights!

I trusted my local Les Schwabb to mount my new wheels, but am not sure about this one?

Thanks,
    John

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    If you want to stay near Tacoma I would contact Carlo and ask him who he uses. Somebody around there must know a little more about alignment than punching the pretty colored buttons on the 'alignomatics' they have at the local tire store. It helps to have someone that does 308's.

I had mine done at Group 2 Motorsports in Seattle. Down by Fishermans Terminal. These guys set up race cars and did a fabulous job on my 308. He aligned the car according to how I drove it, tire sizes and projected weight and balance. I think it came to 130.00.

Drives like new compared to the hack job the jokers at Goodyear did when they mounted my new tires.

A bunch of really great guys. Joe English, 206-378-0900
    [email protected]

4442-B
    27th Ave West
    Seattle

3. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Another great shop (and long time NWRFCA supporters) is Tru-Line Frame & Wheel in Seattle.

http://www.trulineframeandwheel.com/

They've done 4-way alignments on my cars and they are extremely professional and pleasant to deal with.

I believe that they do all the alignment work on Ferrari of Seattle's cars too.

4. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks guys!! I'll try calling one or both of them!

5. speed wrench

speed wrench Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Bremerton
    Full Name:
    David B
    john i am the shop foreman at heartland toyota and i just set the alignment on my 308 and it turned out great. give me a call if we do it after hours its free!!

6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Dave you made it on here after all!!! Good to see you and welcome to F-chat.

I'll definitely give you a call! This would be great! Would you be available sometime next week? I'm getting ready to head home right now to start puting the front back together.

By the way, did you catch the thread on the Birthday ride coming up. It's going to be in our neck of the woods!

Thanks again,
    John

7. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    #7 Sophia, Sep 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Quoting Spasso,"I had mine done at Group 2 Motorsports in Seattle. Down by Fishermans Terminal. These guys set up race cars and did a fabulous job on my 308. He aligned the car according to how I drove it, tire sizes and projected weight and balance. I think it came to 130.00.

Drives like new compared to the hack job the jokers at Goodyear did when they mounted my new tires.

A bunch of really great guys. Joe English, 206-378-0900
    [email protected]"

Yup, I can vouch for the Group2 guys. Here's my alignment after the new wheels and front springs: PeterB.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    The front is done except setting the ride height. More problems though. When I opened the rear shocks (could have sworn I looked at them earlier) I realized they had no graphite bushings in the ends like the front did.

Called Summitt and they said first thing tomorrow they will figure out what's up. Hopefully they can overnight them out and I can finish by Thursday or Friday! If worse comes to worse I will put the old shocks back in and be ready for next weekend!

9. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    and don't forget about Speedware Motorsports in Redmond... They have excellent equipment and do a great job of laser alignement, corner balancing and high-speed wheel balancing for many local race cars.
    - Will

10. speed wrench

speed wrench Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Bremerton
    Full Name:
    David B
    if you still want to align it at toyota on friday night bring the car with a full tank of gas, 40lbs of luggage in the rear (according to Ferrari) and and we will but the final settings with you in the car for a custom set up. call me at work at 377-1200 to let me know.

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Dave,
    I'll give you a call tomorrow! Thanks again for the offer!