videos: the green monster in monza! | FerrariChat

videos: the green monster in monza!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by trevi, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    WOW Trevi,
    128MB!!!! Just sucking all 3 videos:D
    Thanks buddy;)

3. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    suck it , lick it, swallow it! :D

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I wish I could:D but your server is soooooooo slow - just sucking with 2,13KB/sec.
    I work with ISDN/DSL usual I can swallow 12,0KB/sec

5. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    hehe, i can swallow up to 1 MB/s! usually 200KB/s :)

6. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I have the same problem. I can normally download at high speeds but now it is reduced to 2,20 kb/s. That takes forever.

Ton

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Yes, exactly Ton!!!
    Its not up to us and our fault - its the poor, poor server where the mpegs are stored;)

8. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    What are you going to do about it Trevi?

:)

Ton

9. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    nothing! :)
    simon, a friendly member of www.ferrariforum.net, asked me to send him the videos and offered to host them for free.
    i have sent him an email about the slow download, but got no answer so far.

ton, but don't hesitate to offer the necessary bandwidth for these files, i will send them to you immediately :D

10. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Ha, ha!

I knew that you would respond this way. It is absolutely no problem. I think that it is very friendly that Simon hosts these files.
    I'll just sit back and wait for the files to download!

:)

Ton

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    LOL....8hours, 10 minutes....to go;)

12. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Great stuff, Trevi! I really envy you, I'd love to drive my car in Monza! When did you go there? You know, my family house is only 15Km from the racetrack, but believe it or not I've never taken any of my cars there. Everyone used to tell me that the Monza tarmac is like sandpaper - it will destroy a good set of tires in a few laps... not to speak of the brakes. Which is why I've always chickened out!

I'm curious - how did the Green Monster perform? Did you buy new tires after you finished?? ;-)) What was you best lap time?

Andrea

13. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Monza happens to be open for 'touristic circulation' during winter months, discovered that by accident on their website (http://www.monzanet.it/eng/circolazione_turistica.aspx).
    The track is not hard on tires, but it is very tough on brakes. Not particularily difficult and tricky as long as are careful with your braking points ... and don't attempt to do more than 3 flying laps in a row.
    Ascari is fun, the rest is boring, way too fast.

14. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    that was 2 years ago, a track day with ferrari frey. as ze_shark said, the track is by far not so hard on tires than for example anneau du rhin, but very hard on the brakes, after a maximum of 5 laps you had to give it a rest. about the lap times, we had no timing, and carlo, my friend coming with me, was not very serious in timing, he always forgot, because of the incredible sounds and all the cars hunting by at the long straight.
    as far as i remember, one of my times was about 2'10" or 2'20", don't recall it exactly.

as i have mentionend earlier in other posts, the green monster was very difficult on brakes. the chassis was building up extremely, especially in the first chicane, to a degree, where i had to use "stutter" braking technique (?), despite of having ABS in order not to fly in the bushes. my braking point to the first chicane was at 200m, in comparison with thomas in the t coupe, who had 70 m, big difference!

that's the disadvantage of the cabriolet, but i could drive in fresh air :D (it was very hot at that day).

monza was my first track experience, and for a beginner it's perfect, because the track is quite easy to learn and drive, and tons of fun on the curbs :)
    and despite of my lack of horsepower and my spongy chassis, i was catching up on many others in the bends and chicanes... ;)

btw: the driver in the video made from the following car (thomas with his t coupe) was viktor, carlo's dad, it was a present for his 65th birthday!