Labor Day at the Bridgehampton Motoring Club | FerrariChat

Labor Day at the Bridgehampton Motoring Club

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sagaponack, Sep 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Lots of activity at the BMC this Labor Day. We had many local members close up their homes for the summer and drop off their toys rather than park them in ding-a-thon "bumper car" style parking garages in Manhattan.

Our one page spread in Hamptons Magazine caused the picnic tables to filled to capacity as we played reggae and watched the sun set over the Hayground School soccer fields every evening.

From 8-9 am on Sunday we had detailing lessons for those members who still like to do it themselves.

A free BMC hat or Ladies Vintage Rock Tee goes to whoever can identify the glam cable TV star who checked out the BMC office.

www.bridgemc.com

The Finest Collector Car Facility on the Planet

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    One that would probably mind having pics of her taken by a security camera posted on the internet?

3. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nope. She was fully aware the pics would be available on the internet.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Rob,
    I mean no offense to you at all. I'm simply remembering this thread: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25574
    If she knew, that's a ok. I'd just be a little careful about posting pictures of people using your facility without disclaimers that they knew their pics were being taken, because on its face it seems kind of unprofessional. If I were considering using the facility, I wouldn't be too thrilled by seeing these posts, that's all. It's absolutely none of my business, just trying to help.

Oh, and I have no idea who she is. :)

5. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    We are not fools. Every picture that is posted is a member or a spouse of a member and they are all informed that the live cams are available on the internet.They are great supporters of our facility.

There are also numerous members who prefer anonymity which we respect despite the fact that public knowledge of their membership would help our businesss.

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'm a bit suspicious.

Why didn't you ask to take a pic of her that might be identifiable; instead of posting a security cam pic.??

It could be my aunt Minny for all I know!

I think you're making a big mistake posting pictures like these, as they appear to be 'voyeuristic'.

If you're not doing it, have these people sign releases before you post their candid pics., it might be the only way to protect yourself from a lawsuit.

Just my 2c, I may be completely wrong.

7. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    This doesn't seem to be going the way you planned it I think. I guess Paris, she seems to be used to this stuff.

Seriously though. As a person who just stumbled across this post, the cam pics don't really seem very professional. I would just not use this marketing ploy anymore.
    My 2 cents. Now some more high quality pics of the inside and inventory would look real good.

8. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    We will try to get better pics from cameras as opposed to our security cameras. People are thrilled with the live internet feed and people who the pics seem much more concerned than the folks who are being photographed.

Rest assured no ones photo get used without their permission and understanding. BMC is a fun place and people really enjoy their time there and their association with the club. They also love helping to promote the facility.

If you are a member and don't want to be included in our coverage you will not be.

Regards

www.bridgemc.com

9. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Labor Day in The Hamptons...reminds me of "The Flamingo Kid" movie with Matt Dillon and a dreamy Janet Jones (my guess for the vid-clip babe, but probably off by 20 years or so)...

10. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

so who is the TV girl, Rob?

11. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I spoke to her and she is very offended that no one has recognized her.

She hosts a show on cable and is not an actress. I will leave it at that.

Best.

www.bridgemc.com

12. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Jessica Simpson?

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
  14. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    hahahahahaha

Well the live web feed for members is an outstanding feature of you services, don't get me wrong. I would like that too. But the mystery pics thing is what I was referring to.

Sally Jesse?

15. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob

wrong. wrong. wrong. She is offended that no one recognizes her but she should not be, she just is not that big despite the fact she wears big glasses to avoid autograph seekers which happens quite rarely.

We have more women visit our facility than men. Why? I don't know.
    I amazed by it and so are the fchatters, so they love the pics. And in the office out visitors can see feeds from all the cameras including the ones on them at the time. These are not hidden cameras. It is part of the attraction.

16. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    She kind of looks like the heiress to the Hilton "HO"tel fortune...

17. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That's Paris.

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    VERY OFFENDED?? WHO GIVES A RATS ARSE.....

BTW, WHERE IS THIS THREAD GOING???

19. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    ......... Rivers?

Just PM me and I'll post it and she'll be happy we all know. I think you need higher res. cameras........LOL

20. udalmia

udalmia Guest

paris hilton, id put money on it

21. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    nell carter back from the dead?

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I used to date a girl that did Infomercials for Time Warner's local outlet.......she was very famous, for about a 100 mile radius.

And to the folks in the duplex unit, next door...........

I think your visitor has about that level of fame........

23. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    FWIW, the pics aren't exactly high quality, and she has her hand in front of her face in one of them.

I have no idea who she is, no offense intended.

24. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Here is a random guess:
    Rebecca Grant

25. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner

Yeesh. She should be humbled, not offended.

If she want to avoid hordes of autograph seekers, she can come to San Diego.
    Nobody here knows who she is.