New to Ferrari Chat | FerrariChat

New to Ferrari Chat

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by michael66899, Sep 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michael66899

michael66899 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Bellingham
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey everyone my names michael and im just 15 years old. Im a really big ferrari enthusiast so I thought I'd just drop in and say hi. Even though I've never even ridden in a ferrari, I really love these cars. I will be trying to attend any events just to get a look at the cars even though I dont have my license yet, and who knows maybe I'll even ride in one sometime. Also the thread about you guys planning a drive for a 15 year olds birthday is really somethin so I thought I wouldn't be too terribly out of place posting on here. Oh yah and I live in Tacoma, well browns point actually if youve ever heard of it. Hope ya dont mind a young one on here and hope to meet some of you sometime.

Michael

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Hi, Michael;

My name is Jeff, I live in Milton, I'd be happy to give you a ride in my 348 some time. I drive the "loop" out past Browns Point fairly often this time of year. A good friend of mine just moved away from BP last month.

You need to make sure that this is totally 100% cool with your parents first. Don't spring it on them at the last moment, or it won't happen. Right?

Tell us about your interest in Ferraris. Any particular model? Schumacher fan?

By the way, you're not "just" 15. You're 15. We were all 15 once.

Regards, Jeff "Miltonian"

3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Welcome to FerrariChat, and especially the NW forum. You will find that age and ownership has never been an issue with the crew here, so feel free to come online to chat and attend any of the events. And I hope to meet you in person during one of the events in the future.

4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Hi Mike,
    I'm not an owner but my son, DJ, is but I am still welcomed to all the events as a passenger/wannabe. Theses guys in the NW Ferrari Club are without a doubt the best of the best when comes to people and F-cars. You have the most essential and main ingredient, you are a Ferrari enthusiast. I'm sure that the group will welcome you as they have so many others so have fun and stay in touch.
    Bob Parks

5. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Welcome Michael.
    I'll be happy to give you a ride if you are ever in the Portland area.

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Welcome Michael,
    Fill out your profile so we know where/who you are. We're all friends here...........

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi there Michael! Welcome to F-chat. This really is a great place to learn about Ferraris. Have fun and if you can talk your parents into bringing you out to and event don't be afraid to walk up to people and introduce yourself. This really is a great group!

John

8. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Welcome Michael.....

I think you will find you can get more out of people on this site if you do as Spasso said and fill out some of the info you left blank. Don't need to get too personal, just that we will know who we are talking to! And feel free to stop by any of the functions as Im sure anyone in this group would be happy to give you shotgun in any of their cars.

9. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    yeah dude,
    The folks on here are all really friendly. I just brough two friends on the last cruise and they kept commenting on how nice the guys in the club are.

10. michael66899

michael66899 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Bellingham
    Full Name:
    Michael
    First of all I have to say you guys are awsome. The responses are even better than I expected. I mean people already willing to take me for rides and such is really great. As far as ferrari goes my favorite is the F50 but close behind it is the 250 GTO and the old TR series, but Ive always liked the 355 a lot. I also do follow the formula 1 team quite a bit and am a big schumacher fan. Looking forward to meeting you all and hoping I can get my parents to take me to a few events. I would really like to go to the track day to watch so if you guys could fill me in on the details of that that would be great. Thanks

Michael

11. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Michael,
    Check out the local FCA site to keep up on local events. There is also a lot of good info there that is available even if your not a member. Check it out...
    http://www.ferrariclub.com/

12. FerrariFreak

FerrariFreak Rookie

Feb 1, 2004
    maple valley
    Full Name:
    Konnor Sandvold
    ya i am new 2 i have 2 nahbors wit ferraris so im have ridden in them plenty of times ull luv ferraris even more both of my nahbors are in the ferrari club so iv seen almost every kind of ferrari when i went 2 my 1st ferrari show there was an ENZO sitting in the driveway if u dont no they realy realy fast and u have 2 have permission 2 buy 1 and u have 2 be realy rich bc the are $1,000,000 when he asked me if i wanted 2 sit in it i was about 2 say no bc if i brock anything then i would be dead well i sat in it and ill thread someone pic's when i get find were my dad put them on the computer he has alot of pics so ill find them sometime.

13. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    What kind of writing is this? Is this what they're teaching kids in school now. Holy ^*&% if I talked or wrote like this when I was a kid I'd get a major whipping.....Both from my parents and from my teachers! Hey FF, come on here and post all you want......but please post in a way that doesn't give people a headache to read. I've got a major headache!!

Kz

14. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Abbreviated English used when 'text messaging', namely, sending a text message by typing the words out on the keys of your cell phone.

Don't know how they do it, I can barely get names entered into the dang thing.

Seriously, Ferrari Freak, if you want a Ferrari some day you will need to hone your writing and communication skills so people will be willing to pay you a lot of money for what ever you do. This said in a friendly supportive manner, not meant to bash on you.

DJ

15. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    Hmmm. A message sent from a Blackberry maybe? I hate those things - I hate talking to someone on the street and then being interrupted by someone sending them and EMAIL. dont u agree?

16. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Blackberry or no Blackberry..........it still gives me a headache! Its still no excuse for not using proper (or even comprehensible) english! Not to be a complete pr*%&k, but it just gets under my skin:(

OK I'll lighten up...........must be those damn T3s again;)

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The pain! The pain! Make it stop!

(Yes, it's the T-3's)

The liquid form does the same to me.

Let me play you a little song on the piano to calm you down...........................................:p

18. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    No it's not the T-3s, I read it. It was painful. I would have rather someone not post this at all...

19. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    We've met FerrariFreak before. He was Dave T's guest for the Speedware Tech Session earlier this year. Seemed to be a nice kid. But that post also gave me a headache after I read it.

20. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Agreed, it only takes a few more seconds to write in proper English, and punctuation. Please FF, make the effort, you'll come across much more positively. :)

Dave

21. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Uhhh.....yeah! Maybe that means we are all just getting old!!!! Must be a generational thing! And Kuzi....go ahead and have that slice of pizza, may take the edge off :)

22. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    LOL!!....I'm going to take you up on that........you just wait ;)

23. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    I can bring over a Perrier and a motivation cassette to round out the evening!

24. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    When I was about the same age as Matthew, and Michael, and Konnor, there was a guy up the road who had a new Jaguar XK-E. I was his paperboy. Every day when I delivered his paper, I would drool over his XK-E. I would have DIED to have a ride in that car. I know what it's like. I think the same is true for just about every one of us. I never got a ride in that Jag. Oh well, I think it had an automatic transmission, so it didn't really count. Right?

25. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Hey, Konnor, it's okay. You are more than welcome to come around. Post here any time and ask all of the questions you want. We all have to start somewhere.

I'll even give you a ride in my 308. All you have to do is show up.