looking for Daytona #16981 | FerrariChat

looking for Daytona #16981

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 8valve, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    Does anybody know where it is? Last seen in 1997 at Auto Becker in Germany, formerly owned by a Dutchman. Colour is Blue, restored by Sauro in Modena. Original colour possibly Brown. Any info is welcome. Thanks Mick

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Apparently the current owner of this car either tried to post a response or send a PM, I'm not sure which, but he mistakenly reported the thread to moderators instead. Anyway, here is the text of his message:

Hallo Mick,
    I am the owner of 16981.Your right the car was first brown mettalic and was sold new to a doctor in Rom 1973. To complete the history of the car I would know were the car was between 1984 and 1991. The Italian doctor sold the car 1984 to America.The car is now part of a collection, but I drive it regulary.Last week I was with 16981 in Het Paleis het Loo in Apeldoorn.Mabey you know something abaot the missing history.

Greetings : Marco Walter

3. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    Dear Mick & Marco Walter,

For many years I have suspected that this brown Daytona was painted blue,
    but without hard evidence. I have a picture of this car painted brown, still on Italian plates. picture was made in Holland !
    This Daytona was even displayed at a Ferrari Show in Rosmalen when it was Dutch owned and still brown.
    A good friend of mine has a picture taken there as well.
    Would like to exchange information.

Ciao,
    Marcello

Apeldoorn - NL
    (Indeed I saw your the Daytona here, just like last year!)

4. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    Dear Marco, Wayne, Marcel et all,
    Today is the 8th of September, and I have to admit it has been ages since I last checked the posts on F-chat. I now realize that it was months ago that Marco and Wayne reacted to the question I posted on behalf of a friend, who at the time was looking for a Daytona to buy, and was wondering where this particular example was. Around the 23rd of May I was involved in an accident with my '77 308 (total loss) and although it was my priority to recover from three broken vertibrae in my back, I also used this time to search for a suitable replacement of the dark blue 308 that I wrecked. I was not very active on F-chat (or any other forum for that matter) during this time.Thanks very much for your replies, and forgive me my late response! Kind regards, Mick

5. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Where do all these Dutch Daytona lovers come from

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Mick, though you posted your question back in November '03, Marco's response didn't come until just two days ago. Hope you are feeling better.