What is the name of this blue color?... | FerrariChat

What is the name of this blue color?...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Vyrus, Jul 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vyrus

Vyrus Rookie

Jul 15, 2004
    Suffolk, Va
    Full Name:
    Cyrus Mistry
    Watching the Barret-Jackson auction a few weeks ago, I saw a medium blue F-355 for sale. They said the color was very rare, flat (non-metallic) and named after the main French importer for Ferrari. I thought the color was absolutely gorgeous and was wondering if anybody could name it or post pictures of it!
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Must be pozzi blue. Sorry but I don't have any pics of that one, TDF blue I have.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
  4. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    I remember that car well.If it was a 1997 355 spyder then it was Swatters Blue.The car came from the notheast area as I recall .I think the Carstore at Glendale had it for asle for a while. Great color. Buddy

5. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    #5 damcgee, Jul 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Just rereading your original post. You say it was named after the main French importer for Ferrari. Just taking a stab here, but wouldn't that suggest that it is Tour De France Blue?

7. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Charles Pozzi (former GP driver) was the French Ferrari concessionaire. Blu Pozzi blue is a very dark, non-metallic blue.

Jacques Swaters (former GP driver) was first a driver and then manager of Ecurie Francorchamps, a Belgian racing team. Garage Francorchamps is the Belgian importer for Ferrari. Blu Swaters (one "t" only, thank you) is a medium to dark metallic blue.

Tour de France was a motor race that Ferraris participated in back in the '50's and '60's. Blu TdF is a dark metallic blue, lighter than blu Pozzi and "bluer" (IMHO) than blu Swaters.

See http://www3.zero.ad.jp/modena/ferrari/iro.htm for a bunch of the colors all in one place - scroll down a bit for the blues.

My car was originally blu sera but has been painted something strange and then back to its current color which seems to be blu Swaters but no one knows for sure!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

8. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    TDF blue on a 355.

The french importer was indeed pozzi, which is what made me think the answer to you question is pozzi blue

9. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Wow, that TDF Blue 355 is stunning! Gorgeous car!! Haven't seen one in that color before...

10. Vyrus

Vyrus Rookie

Jul 15, 2004
    Suffolk, Va
    Full Name:
    Cyrus Mistry
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I have been trying to find the name for days! Pozzi Blue looked much richer in the auction, I suppose it's a "nighttime" color. TDF also looks amazing, very classy.
    -Cyrus

11. CarStore

CarStore Karting

Sep 19, 2003
    Hi Cyrus:

Sorry I did not see posting sooner. That was in fact out car at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale and it was Swatters Blue. We always try to have a few Ferraris out there in case someone shows up looking to buy a fun driver. Who wants to drive a 69 Chevelle when you can drive a 355 spider for the same price? Would be happy to send you pictures if you like.

12. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Tom Mellett - yes post the pix here please!

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'd like to see them too as I am (still) trying to figure out if my car is blu Swaters or blu sera after the repaint....I sent a letter to the PO who I understand painted the car but never heard back so it is still a bit of a mystery.

Cheers
    Kevin

(I reckon I have posted my car enough bloody times already but the color is on my profile pic.)

14. CarStore

CarStore Karting

Sep 19, 2003
    #14 CarStore, Sep 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Kevin, you da blu man! Seriously, thanks for the great explanation. I like all those colors and have been lusting after a tdf or pozzi blue car for a while. John

16. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    The link is a great resource and will go a long way to resolving the "blue" debates that we often end up having.

17. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    They're missing Hyperion Blue :) I think an Fchatter from Washington state has the only Hyperion Blue car I've ever seen (355B). Looks like a cross between Grigio Alloy and Blu Monaco.

-R

18. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies