Anyone know where I can get a Ford GT | FerrariChat

Anyone know where I can get a Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by mred, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    A friend of mine really wants a Ford GT right now. He understands that he will pay significantly over invoice but he still thinks that they are great. Despite all of my praise for the 430 or a Murcielago, this is what he wants. I think that they will be worth about $75k in a year since they are going to make too many but he wants one yesterday and is ready to pay handsomely for it. I figured that if one was available now (most dealers say october at the earliest) you guys would be able to help. So if anyone knows where one of these overpriced mustangs can be procured I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Ed
    [email protected]

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    just check ebay, or the dupont registry, i would think no? they should have some of the first!

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    They wont be worth 75k$ in a year ..that would be 50% loss in a year !

It will devaluate but after the hype is over..And that wont be next year.

4. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    A total run of 3,000 cars is too many? That's how many 400k+ dollar Carrera GT's Porsche will be producing throughout the Carrerra GT's production run.

Has he tried asking any of the local Ford dealerships if they have GT allocations? With luck, one of them might have one available. I think i've seen a couple on Ebay/DP-registry as well.

5. the stranger

the stranger Karting

Feb 18, 2004
    The official word is 4500 cars over 2 model years. 1800 for 2005 and 2700 for 2006. And that is in fact way too many cars to sell at MSRP, let alone at a premium.

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    it's "too many" in large part becuase they're ALL for the US market. euroland is getting 101 cars. none to asia. none to canada even. i concur that it's way too many $150K cars for the US market alone in that timeframe.

ford believes that thousands of 50 to 70 year old guys are going to come out of the woodwork to buy their first "supercar". these are guys who can afford such things, but wouldn't be caught dead in a foreign car.

i find that hard to believe, but i can't quantify that market, so maybe they're right.

ebay is your best bet to find something now. bid is 40 to 45 over sticker. ask is about 70 to 75 over sticker. they aren't moving very fast. this market state will persist imo until they're actually moving a real volume of units out the factory. my theory is they're piecemealing them out still - to high-profile customers (john shirley, jay leno, etc.) and only a few to dealers. there's just no visibility yet.

doody.