F430 Video & SOUND File!!!! | FerrariChat

F430 Video & SOUND File!!!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Wolfgang, Sep 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
  2. CiaoItalia

CiaoItalia Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Justin Phillips
    I must say that sounds and looks incredible. I really cannot wait for this to come out, hopefully I can make this my first Ferrari.

3. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    WOW!!!! Totally not what I expected! A beautiful sound indeed :) like a very raspy, muted Enzo sort of sound. I have never heard a car which sounds like that! Definitely second on my list of exhaust uniqueness below the CGT!

4. udalmia

udalmia Guest

v nice, a bit similiar to the stradale

5. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Not really as surprise since the photos in Autocar this week show a silencer that is much close to the Stradale's in size compared to the 360.

6. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    O..........M...........G

thank you Jesus for Ferraris!

7. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Sounds great, but I would like to hear it outside when it doesn't echo off the walls.

8. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Sounds intense! :)

9. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Wow, not only does it look great, but it sounds great!

10. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Sounds great although hard to tell being in a closed venue.......Need to hear it in all its glory flying down the track.

11. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    The car of the gala dinner had the sports exhaust, right?

12. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes good call, it sounds just like a Challenge Stradale. Awesome car.

13. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

I don't like the sound--the engine sounds... sickly.

14. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Agreed, it sounds more like a 4cyl.

15. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Where you listening????
    That is a high-reving V8 at its best.

Sounds great, like a 4 banger, hell no, I have heard to many of those things and this is in a league all its own!

16. mbarr

mbarr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2004
    Texas
    Dont understand why the maserati wth the same motor sounds like an american v8, but this car has the special f car tone. Ive read several threads in the past, and it seems alot is attributed to engine/cylinder size. Obviously the maser engine is larger than the 360's, but smaller than the 430. Is it all attributed to intake noise?

17. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    A Tubi, Capristo or sports exhaust will complete this stallion. The stock exhaust is not a match for the shape and performance, at least not revving in a parlor.

Forza,

Cavallini

18. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    if the F430 is anything like the stradale then you can bet the US version will be quite a bit quieter than the euro version. when the first videos of the stradale came out the sound was so loud (good loud) that it made the hair on your neck stick out. but when the US version arrived it was considerably more "tame". i still love the sound of my stock stradale exhaust, but it's a lot different than the first videos. does anybody know if the car in this video was a euro version?

19. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    They took out the 90 degree crankshaft and replaced it with a 180 degree.

20. angshuman

angshuman Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    NaN
    Yup, the Maser has a cross-plane crank that's easy to counterbalance, so it doen't suffer from vibrations but that makes the whole thing heavy, which is why the thing can't rev to screaming RPMs (same story with American V8s). Ferrari V8's have traditionally had flat-planed cranks, which are inherently vibration-prone, so they need to be constructed out of lightweight materials and be very finely balanced. The advantage: 8500rpms of bliss :) ...

Not everyone likes the flat-plane sound, though, I think there exist people in this world who feel it's too close to what 4-banger ricemobiles sound like, and prefer the throaty growl of Americanish cross-plane V8's... to each his own, I guess. I don't own a Ferrari, but everytime I hear this sound http://www.testshoot.com/ferrari/tubi355001.htm, it sets my heart racing like nothing else :)

21. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Well even though the engine is based off the engine Ferrari made for Maserati, like 75% of it has been changed or is new. The F430 engine has a flat plane crankshaft and many other changes that allow it to rev higher then the Maserati engine. That's why is sounds so great.