jv in a sauber? deal pending.... | FerrariChat

jv in a sauber? deal pending....

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ross, Sep 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Why would he want to do that, just to spend several more years bombing around in an uncompetitive car? Does he want back into the circus that badly?

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Uncompetitive car, uncompetitive driver. No loss.

4. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    for sauber and its sponsors it's a good move, i think. and for jv it has not to be the worst. at least sauber has a close cooperation with ferrari, drives the actual ferrari engines and the new windtunnel will fully yield fruits next season.
    so who knows....could be interesting.

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Yes, for the team mate who will now be faster than a former world champion. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sauber will always be an also ran unless they team up with an engine supplier that is willing to give them 100% attention.

6. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    you wanna bet? 5th place in the constructor's championship next year! ;)

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Sauber will do fine with JV. Wait and watch!

8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The problem I always had with JV is he can't do development work. He's only fast in a sorted car and if Sauber is going to go wild with their new wind tunnel toy, he may not be the best guy for the job.

5th in the championship. Mmm, mid pack. Big whoop.

9. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    come on: that would make the best rank/budget-ratio!

10. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I think we all agree that he should try as hard as possible to get the BAR seat, but failing that, he must take the Sauber one. He can't be out another year, and positioning himself closer to Ferrari can only help his chances to get one of those seats in the coming years.

I disagree about him not being a good development driver. Check out the thread I created earlier "Has time away from F1 changed Villeneuve" (or something like that) and there is a link there to a very interesting article to support that comment. By now, I thought everyone knew that BAR was going faster because of the work JV put into it. He's a risk taker, but I think he's smart enough to not get himself into a dead end seat.

I can't wait to see what happens.

Wes

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Why so negative on the little team that could?

For one it is the Ferrari B team, that should make you feel a bit more loyal. Furthermore it is really, really hard to setup a F1 team in a country that is a) small, b) has not its own automotive industry and where c) racing is even banned. Given all these obstacles, Peter Sauber is doing a phenomenal job.

I'm no JV fan, but having a WC back is good news regardless. And what irony: JV who hates MS with a vengeance driving the same engine as his opponent. Probably the closest we would ever get seeing the two in the same team. Heck, they might even bump into each other while testing in Fiorano, imagine that.

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Very well stated. I think he will give Massa an awfully hard time. Would have preferred him to go to BAR.

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I'm praying right now that this 2 year deal will come true. If you look back in 2003 , Frentzen was driving for Sauber and now this year its Fisichella. Both drivers are 30 and older and both did very good for Sauber. Now I feel its Jacques turn to have this chance to bring good stuff at Sauber. Massa still has a contract for next year so he's staying but please give that other seat to JV. Now what about Liuzzi? Maybe he will be Sauber's test driver for next year. So that means that they will dump Neel Jani?

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    JV already has a house in Switzerland, so working for Sauber would be fairly straight forward.

I'd like to see Liuzzi in a Sauber as well. Don't care much for Massa and have somewhat given up hope on Neel Jani. I don't think he has it, whereas Liuzzi seems to be the up and coming talent.