Ferrari in the movies : worth see | FerrariChat

Ferrari in the movies : worth see

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sebnutt, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sebnutt

sebnutt Rookie

Sep 8, 2004
  2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

they list Magnum PI with both a 308 and 328 - I do not think Selleck ever drove a 328 on the show.

3. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    a 348 spider in Showgirl with elisabeth berkley..

4. prova

prova Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Gonzo
    He drove a 328 in the last episode.

5. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, it was a good TV series, I enjoyed it.

But wouldn't have been so keen without the car.

6. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Anyone ever see "Army of One" ( I think that was the title ) with Dolph Lundgren (sp?). I used to love that movie when I was a kid, and was actually the movie that got me interested in Ferrari's. He steels an F40, then kills a bunch of people. What more can you ask for?

7. fvracing

fvracing Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Winnipeg
    Full Name:
    Pete
    My wife's 1977 308 GTB was in the CBS movie "Crooked E" the Enron Story.

Pete

8. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    the 355 is not in 2 fast 2 furious, its in The fast and the furious.

9. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It says a 250 GTO for Vanilla Sky. It was Replica though.

10. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    The F355 spider is in 2 fast 2 furious, it is sitting in Mr. Verones' Driveway, it is silver. Brian (Paul Walker) tells' Mr. Verone" Nice Ferrari." There is a 360 Spider (Red) from the Scene is Louisiana, and a 360 spider in the boat yard.

11. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    A lot of people don't realize that there are two different ferrari's in Bad Boys 2
    There is a 550 and a 575. The only way to tell the difference is that the rims are different. When the chase scen begins, and the two guys drive on the sidewalk. The car stops and for a bried second you can see the 575 rims. Then when the car stops again and Will Smith is shooting, it is the 550. Then when Will Smith backs up and stops, and he and Martin Lawrence jum out of the car and run for cover, it is the 575.

12. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    How positive are you about this? They made a huge thing about the Ferrari, if you buy the dvd they talk about it. They bought a real 550 for the movie, and were obsessed w/ keeping the car protected, Martin Lawrence accidently opened the door at one point hitting a huge concrete thing in the sidewalk i believe it was 2,000 or 10,000 dollars worth of damage and this was after they did all of the serious stunt work w/ the car. They never ever mention a second Ferrari.

13. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Guys. Got to be a 250 Cal Spyder! in Ferris Bueller's day off; a classic

www.fca-se.com, click Alabama chapter, scroll down, click sound clip -Ferris Bueller

14. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    I think he is correct with th two Ferraris. It was a long time since I have seen the movie (new in theatres), but I remember thinkin the same thing. I also remember a conversation on this board about them dubbing over the 550/575 with the awesome and distinctive sound of the 355.

15. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    Check the current issue of Forza. They had a several-page listing of movies with Ferraris, including synopses.

16. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    How about Beverly Hills Cop II Eddy Murphy drove a 308/328, I don't recall which one.

There was movie with Shawn Connery where there was a 355. I think it was The Rock.

How about that old movie...One Crazy Summer with John Cusac. There was another 308/328 in that (don't remember which one), but the chopped it up and put the engine in a boat to win the regata.

There was an old movie called No Man's Land. It was about a Porsche theft ring. They showed a 512 BB bower, and maybe more.

There were a couple f cars in Adventures in babysitting (in the chop shop).

Not sure if it was mentioned...Movie with Nicholas Cage. His life was changed in some way. He had a silver 550. Also had tia leoni in it.

Can't think of anymore...will keep trying though.

J

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I have the DVD, and Dana is correct. The 575 and 550 are used interchangeably in the movie. Easy to spot with the rims and the lights.

However, I agree with you Brandon that they didn't highlight the difference when they discuss the car/scenes in the DVD. I laughed my tail off in the scene where Martin dings the door, especially given how carefully they had taken care of the car in the preceding two weeks of shooting.

18. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That movie is family man.

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    The movie is "Family Man." It is mentioned.

20. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    It was hilarious to know that during those two weeks the car was getting the crap kicked out of it throughout all those racing scenes but never received a ding till Martin screwed up. Hahaha I was dying when I heard that. Notice how right after he does it you practically here everyone scream and curse.

21. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Beverly Hills Cop II featured a 308 and 328 interchangably.

The new show "Clubhouse" has a red 355 spider in the pilot episode. I am unsure how much screen time it gets in the episode, but it takes up at least 1/4 of the promo.

One of the Ferrari's in Bad Boys 2 belongs to Jerry Bruckheimer.

22. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    o yea, well he forgot the 355 in the first one.

23. mullin

mullin Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Tom M
    While visiting my grandmother a few weeks ago I noticed she was wathing a movie about Evil Kinevil. In many scenes he was cruising around in a 246 GTS.
    I wasnt able to catch the name of this flick but would like to find out.
    Any Idea?

24. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Weird Science-with Kelly LaBrock, Michael Antony Hall.. Porsche 928 and a red Mondial Cab-another classic. BTW, did I say Ferris Bueller's Day Off? 250 Cal Spyder

Sabrina- Harrison Ford, Julian Armond and Greg Kinear- driving a red 348 Spyder

25. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Hmmmm. Gone in 60 Seconds.