Another F50 GT accident? | FerrariChat

Another F50 GT accident?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Gimme Fuel, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    I've just heard that the F50 GT which crashed on a race track in the US for about a year ago have crashed AGAIN on Thursday on the Laguna something Track - i just saw a pic of it, but I couldnt tell if this was an old pic or a new one - can anyone confirm this???

Thanx.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yep....same car.....same owner, there's not too many of them.

Another few years and or miles he'll get some experience under his belt and be fine...let's see...that'll be at least three more wrecks.........

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    The first time the car was wrecked, it was being driven by a professional driver, not the owner.

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No wonder he can't get any seat time! I'm sure it's a handful.

Maybe they should start at a track with lots of runoff, and go from there.......

Maybe Firebird, with the training school.

5. OpenWhlRcr

OpenWhlRcr Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    The owner of that car is not that bad of a driver first of all. That car is handfull to deal with and it has been driven most of its life around Thunder Hill where there is a plenty of run off. The first accident was very much a mistake and the pro driver had plenty of seat time in the car and if you were to ask him he would tell you that the car should have been fine going through that corner. If anything I think its great to see them pushing the car to see its true limits sense the factory hasnt publicly done it. The pictures of the latest crash arent as bad as they look. The car will be back on the track in no time at all.

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That IS great news, it certainly is a beautiful machine.......if the Race Program had only gone forward, what could have been.....!

7. thomasmurphy

thomasmurphy Rookie

Dec 14, 2003
    I agree with the last reply. I was there. The car seems to be very tough to drive. The last one to crash it was at Infenon ( Sears Point) and it was stuffed into the wall at speed. The current driver hit the inside wall on the straight at Seca, looked problematic, but is fixable. The car is amazing to see and must be the same to drive, hope to see it again on the track, soon.

8. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Art is a good driver and I was with him at PPIR during our National event. The car is a handfull like I said in an other post but mistaken happens !!!
    At least he wasn't hurt, but my hat to Art for still showing that super car.
    I sure hope to have the pleasure to "play" with him with the LM.
    Roland
    F40LM