Anybody know this car? | FerrariChat

Anybody know this car?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by wrecktech, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
    The listing says that there is a vibration when idling and in motion. It most likely is the driveshaft support bearing going bad. The 928 had transaxles and the driveshaft runs at the same rpm as the engine. Bad driveshat supports are fiarly common but relatively expensive to fix. When I was shopping 928's a few years ago, the estimate repair cost was over $1,500.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I know somebody who would LIKE to know this car....Helmut from Helmut & Vito's German Automobile Repair in Westmont. After he got to 'know' this car completely,he could probably retire!...:)

3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Just an observation, but I sold a non-running '87 S4 for just $2k less than that buy it now price approximately 4 years ago. Of course my car was a 5 spd...and it WAS red...

If you do a search on ebay on 928, you can find a 928 S4 crate motor for $1500 or somewhere thereabouts right now. The combination & a little work could make a nice driver with plenty of spares. 'Course the interior of the car in question doesn't look "nearly flawless" to me...

4. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I will agree the car is far from perfect and will need some work. I doubt it will get anywhere the buy it now price. I like the color combination and would be interested for the right price. Any opinions as to what it is worth?