Yorkshire drive to SeeRed | FerrariChat

Yorkshire drive to SeeRed

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by burriana, Sep 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    This Sunday... who's going from Yorkshire and are we meeting up. As far as I know, there is me, SteveF and Russ, Dave Scholes, IOM Dave (?), Simon possibly?

Does Woodhall services, southbound sound good? (just south of J31 I think?)That means me and Steve can come down the M18 rather than trail across the M62.

Any ideas?

2. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    yep, thats ok for me,i'll be there

3. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    yeah sounds good to me :)

simon - r u still going on saturday too?? if so wot time u setting off?

4. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    We shall be at waiting woodall services...... i would suggest 8 - 8:30 am, or maybe earlier if we are taking breakfast.
    Rick, are you definitely away ?....sorry couldn't make croft....did you catch the huge hold up on M62 home ?.....glad i didn't have a fifth pie at steves', or i should have been in it, and missed the last flight home.
    Boys, have we numbers for friday ?
    Ben....I might have a seat in the car (a lowly, insignificant 308) friday night, but no idea where i will end up !!!

toodle pip.....d

5. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Hi Dave - ended meeting at 7am so you got away with it lightly. Decided not to do the M62 on the way home but cut along the A684 for some decent roads - got caught in a bit of Sunday traffic (fortunately everytime the coppers were out), had some good dices with some bikers on the way back (I thought I was going quick !!)

Still a NO NO for Sunday, but have been given a pass out for Friday. See you then.

Rick

6. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Friday count :

SteveF
    Al
    Dave S
    Marky
    Simon
    Justin
    You
    Me

& Nissan Ben

Anymore ?

7. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    I am going Sat but wont be setting off from here till 12. Just going down for 3 or 4 hours then straight back up, r u going sat?

8. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    im hopin to go sat but definatly sun, driving there and back both days...what will traffic be like at 12?

9. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    I dont think too bad on a Sat @ midday, like any other day really. Sundays after 3pm is the heaviest traffic i think

10. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    What time do you think we should aim to arrive? Justin reckoned he was queueing for 2 hours from the motorway to get into Donny last time, so I reckon we should try and get there for 9.30 or 10 at the latest. I would rather not meet any earlier than 8, as I may have to drive over to Hull to pick someone up first. I can grab breakfast before I leave home, but if everyone else is stopping then I'll fit in.

11. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think we should be setting off as early as possible on the sunday, given its apparantly market day also but ill fit in with everyone else. if we did set off early we could all get a bite to eat on the way.

simon - who you going with on sat?

12. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    dave i am going down sunday early and would defo join yous if its ok, i'm just in the audi though as have to go to work straight from donny

13. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Am hoping to go on Sunday, though could be working.

Will meet up if I can at Woodhall.

Thanks

Martyn.

14. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    8 am...WOODALL SERVICES, SOUTHBOUND, M1 (between jctn 31 and 30)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2004

15. clarky5150

clarky5150 Rookie

Aug 21, 2004
    Chesterfield Area
    Full Name:
    Clarky
    If i can drag my arse out of bed on Sunday i will nip 2 junctions up and meet up if thats Ok. If im lazy il wait for the wail of noiseat J29. Obviously the queues at Donny only refer to Sunday for the car boot and in fairness apart from very big stuff like major race meets i have never had to queue quite that long.

Was still hoping to get down Saturday too if theres a planned meet at the circuit or en route.

16. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Unable to attend Friday night now. Car in for some work hopefully.

17. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Will be going Saturday. Meeting up with Mike & barb (348 TB). Will be in a 3200 GT Maserati hopefully. I think I will be meeting with you Dave.

Gouing early, must leave around 1400 - 1500 hrs.

18. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    The weather not looking to good for Weekend, possible rain... The racing should be interesting...

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    what sort of work service?????

20. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

i'll be there

21. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys see you all at See Red. I ma going on Saturday.

Guys not taking my 348 Spider, unable to meet with you on the motorway since I am going in 3200 GT Asseta Corsa. This baby shifts....... Torque is so cool. A perfect family car, better then the 456GT in many ways......

I going with a good friend of mine so not sure when he can get his ass out of bed... I have spoken with Mike & barb they are going. Not sure where to park if the weather is ****.... I will call you guys on the mobile and let you know.

Simon cannot wait to see you Lambo. Dying to sit in it.... A ride would be nice sometime....

Al, cannot wait to see the yellow 348 spider, 348 spiders are rare and yellow even rarer....

Stevef, I hpe all goes well with car. See at weekend if possible....

Bye for now...

22. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    You won't see the 348 on Sunday if it's raining... not because I'm a wimp... but because the f***ing thing leaks like a sieve. I have to say, I am pretty disgusted and now fairly worried.

After 10 minutes the passenger seat has a pool of water on it and the drivers side isn't a lot better. It's all coming in along the front edge of the side windows. What it will be like by the end of the afternoon I dread to think.

Anyone any obvious solutions? Is it something that is a regular occurence and can be fixed? If it can't be then a car that I cannot risk getting caught in the rain with is not much use to me really!

As you may have gathered, I am seriously p!ssed off.

al :(

if anyone has a short fix solution PLEASE EMAIL ME. From 2pm I will not be able to access F.Chat until Monday.

23. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Al,

Any photos of your car. Dying to see it.

Al, the windows can be adjusted as well.. Seen a few threads on it.

24. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Hooray, am coming along!

See you at the services at 8am, looking forward to meeting you all, plus meeting all the darn sarf members too. I am pretty easy to recognise; look for ginger haired fellow with a stutter!

Am parking the banana in the Pistonheads enclosure.

Am excited.

Thanks

MOD.

25. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    yeah me too, see you between jct 30-31 look for a 6"4" geordie w4nker in an audi with a work colleague, he's only 19 and very naive