Maserati Coupé : more grip is possible | FerrariChat

Maserati Coupé : more grip is possible

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by jack, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    #1 jack, Sep 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you need more grip, go for Pirelli PZero Corsa. I tried a set on a race track all the day : unbelievable. So much grip, so previsible. A lot of drivers use them on the road, even on wet roads, you just have to be careful when it rain.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    The Maseratis can now be ordered with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, which I would venture to say will be superior to the Pirellis in performance. I have yet to try them out myself.

3. Maseroche

Maseroche Karting

Aug 10, 2004
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Khalid
    Mine came with Michelin tires and they're not bad at all. The problem is that my Skyhook-less car leans too much. I have just about given up on any solution to that annoying lean.

4. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I just put the Goodyear F1's on my Corvette. Absolutely the best high performance rain tire I've had. Very safe with no hydroplaning. Haven't had a chance to stress them much in the dry, though.

The F1's have an even more dramatic tread pattern than the Pilot Sports, so I'm not sure I'd like the look on the Maserati.

Brad

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I use S03s on my BMW and S02s on my Ferrari. Do you think F1s are better?

6. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I've never run the S's on any of my cars, so I'm not a good judge. From my reading of performance tests, I thought the F1 came in a bit better than the S02 and not quite as good as the newer S03 (source is TireRack, if my memory is working today :))

7. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    FYI : S02, S03, and F1 are road tires. The Corsa is specialy made for the track but authorized and the road.

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I think the goodyear Eagle F1's are the best tire. I have driven a ton of C5 corvettes with them and they are a great tire. They also have a decent life.
    Erik

9. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    My VW R32 came with the Eagle F1s from the factory. So far I've put less than 2,000 miles on them but they do hold the road extremely well.