need F50GT info | FerrariChat

need F50GT info

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Gimme Fuel, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Hi
    What year did they build it??
    How many horsr power does it got??
    Top speed is ??? KM/H
    0 - 100 goes in ???? sec

Thanx

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    According to information of Google search "F50 GT", I found out that it was built in 1994 and has 750 bhp. It's top speed is 236.1 mph or 380.0 km/h. I don't know what the 0-100 speed is but it's 0-60 is 3.30 seconds. I don't know if the info is correct, but it seems good to me

-David

4. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    THANX A LOT FERRARI BOY!!!!

5. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Built three originally but Enzo made the determination that none of them could be raced in an organized event. They were built to race in Group 1 but the class was disbanded right before the cars were completed.

There was not a class for them to race in when they finally reached production.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    werent they also one fo the first Ferraris (besides formula 1) witha sequential gear box.

7. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    BTW,

Spoke to Jim Spiro several months ago. He was upset that the car had been wrecked but said that it was progressing well in its reconditioning. I have not spoken to him since so I do not know the current state of repairs.

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    My bad. I meant I talked with Art. Chasis #1. He stopped by FoDallas while in town about May or June of 2003 and we spoke for a while. If you can go back into some of the old archive photos, find the one where a group is gathered around the car after it hit the wall. Art is the one with his back to the camera wearing the red Ferrari windbreaker.

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey, anytime. If you want to find more information on it, just to a google search, thats what I did. The website I got the info of also had paragraphs of written iformation on the site. Hope this helps aswell.

-David

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Uh, Enzo had been dead for a reaaaaaaaaaaaally long time before the F-50's inception.

Has someone been channeling him lately :D

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Art has chassis #1, which you can read about on Doug Hayashi's site here: http://www.nsxfiles.com/fontana_ferrari.htm

Chassis #2 and #3, to the best of my knowledge, were made from the spare parts of chassis #1. Regretfully, Art's #1 was in a wreck, as noted prior in this thread. Even more regretfully, Art was not driving it at the time.

note: I don't know Art, nor have I met him [to date], so I don't want to come across as if I know the entire situation or him for that matter.

12. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    s/n 001
    First sold Year: 1997
    Comment: It is the only F50 GT that have the right to be on the american ground, because of a lawsuit between Art and Ferrari. Because, 001 was supposed to be the only one, but Ferrari decided to built two others. Accident at the Challenge race at Sears Point Saturday 8 march 2003 and view at the factory of Maranello this summer.

s/n 002
    First sold Year : 1998
    Power : ~ 600 hp.
    Régime maxi : 11000 rpm
    Weight : 1000 kg
    0-100 km/h : 3.3 s (not sure)

s/n 003
    First sold Year : 1999

Ferrari test september 1996 : F50 GT is faster than the best of the 333SP at Fiorano track.

Alain
    www.cavallino.cc

13. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Jet-X

My bad. I am so used to saying Enzo instead of just Ferrari. Yes, Enzo died in 1988 so this would have pre-dated the F50.. The F40 was the last super Ferrari that he had his hand into making decisions on. I meant to say that Ferrari decided that the 3 F50GT cars could not be raced...... Red faced am I...................

Now can anyone tell me who was driving Art's car when it hit the wall???

14. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

You mean "can anyone tell me where Art burried the body of the driver who crashed his car?"

:D

15. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    The GT1 class was not disbanded before the F50 GT was built. The Porsche 911-GT1 '98 WON Le Mans in 1998.

Ferrari pulled out for their own reasons--my guess is that Ferrari knew the car was not going to be competitive and they didn't want to spend the time/resources to develop it.

I know a pro driver crashed Art's car, but I don't know who.

Greg A

16. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  17. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Hmmmm,

Jere Dunham was my old name on the old site. Changed it to Audiguy when I came to Audi from FoDallas. It was strange reading some of my old posts using the old name..........................

18. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    The car was crashed again (#001) at laguna seca 2004?

19. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    The car spun out of turn 11 coming onto the front straight. From what I heard, he accelerated too soon or too hard coming out of the turn and spun it into the wall. However, he wasn't going too fast and it was only a minor crash. Only body panel damage. The car should be fixed very soon.

20. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter

ahhh thank god!

21. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    003 is now in the UK for sale. I don't know for sure if the Australian still owns it though, I think he might.

22. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Thats correct.
    Oakfields (dealer) are selling that car.

23. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Interesting...
    You mentioned the 002 has ~600 hp. (who told you that?)
    What about the 001 and 003? Do they have 750 hp?

24. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I saw the crash at Laguna the other week, and have watched it a few times since on video, I don't think it crashed because he accelarated too hard. The car spun at least 200 yards up the straight from the corner and everthing was straight. IMO something broke or went wrong unexpectedly during the upshift, cold tyres certainly wouldn't have helped either.