Will prices drop when the 430 hits the market? | FerrariChat

Will prices drop when the 430 hits the market?

Discussion in '360/430' started by zakeen, Sep 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    I wasnt around enough to know, but when the 360 came out, did all the 355 owners sell there cars a little cheaper to get a new 360. Then all the 348 sold theres cheaper to get a 355 and etc..... down the market.

Did this happen?

If so, will it happen with the 430?? Do you think the 348 will be cheaper car to buy after the release of the 430. Should I wait and see, I would hate to buy a 348 and then in the next two months find out I could buy one about $10k-$20kAUS cheaper.

2. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    I had heard that 355 prices initially went up a little when the 360 came out. My opinion is that when the 430 comes out, since availability will be scarce, that it will NOT affect prices on the rest of the model line IMHO.

3. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Well, when the 360 first came out it was a nice jump in performance, handling and interior space. It was a different look from the F355.
    So, yes you are right lapeter the prices initially went up. Not much, but up. Then as the 360 caught on and more people started to decide to buy a 360 the prices went back down to a more normal level. One of the nice things about Ferraris and it does not really matter what engines size or price etc, is that Ferraris depreciate to a point initially and then they level off and really don't lose value much at all after that. A good example would be the 328. Here in the states it went down to a certain level and has for the most part stayed level. The only time Ferraris really go down iin price dramatically is when mileage gets very high. Now one thing that the newer Ferraris have done for all of us is made it acceptable to drive them more and enjoy drive more. Which of course means we have seen F355s with more mileage on them then we have seen in the past. I personally love the fact that more people are truly using their cars and enjoying them. And Ferrari is building dependable cars that can be used more.
    Ultimately the big unknown is what will happen on 360 prices. On the one hand they might go up just as more people realize that they will not be able to buy a new 360 and have to settle for a used one (I know the terrible thing to settle for a used 360, life is really unfair, haha). This is also based somewhat on what dealers are going to do about all the people on current 360 list and the people on the F430 list and the people wanting to be on the F430 list. Hopefully Ferrari helps the situation by building more F430s so we don't have incredibly long waiting lists. But ultimately 360 prices will go down and then level off. We have already seen 360 coupe prices come down so it will happen. It is just a matter of time. I will be interested in other's thoughts? Happy travels.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Don't worry....the prices will fall starting 6 months or so after they start delivering the 430. BUT, cars like the 348 (on back) will take a much smaller hit, as they are pretty much fully depreciated. So, maybe $4 or $5k drop, but not $10 or $20k.

I think the big hit will be with the 355 and 360. Heck, look at 355 prices already!

5. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    my prediction
    360's will be selling in the $90k range in 2 years

almost there now

6. ART360

ART360 Guest

360s will drop to about 100k, maybe a little higher. When the 430 comes out, people will start buying the 360s, as people move up. When the 360s came out, prices for the 355 went up, and stayed up for about 1 year, 18 months, then as the 360s became more available, the 355 prices started to drop. Remember that there was a recession then, and that may have been a factor. 360 prices have already dropped, and I don't think that they're going to get too much lower.

Art

7. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    What are 360 prices right now? I can see from the various ads that they have dropped considerably from their unconsciounable highs. Very few 360 Spiders are even asking for over $200 now.