Hurricane Ivan | FerrariChat

Hurricane Ivan

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by VPC, Sep 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
  2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    it should be far enough west of me to not be a big deal, but i feel so bad for those folks in florida. that thing is a monster and its going to tear up florida and southern georgia before it weakens any at all. it may still be a 2 or a 3 when it hit the atlanta area. ouch!

edit: nice to " see " ya around Manatee!

if any folks are heading my way, let me know as i have a mostly empty house if anyone needs anything. michael

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The windows on my beach house on Cape San Blas are being boarded up today. I hope it turns out to be a waste of money, but better safe than sorry.

4. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Good luck Frank.

5. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Im over here in Birmingham, AL...Believe it or not, we are expecting to have sustained winds of 70+ for about a day. Were right in the middle of this thing. At least the 348 that i just purchased will be ok...its getting shipped down from PA and not supposed to be here till next week. The Blazer can take the beating, the BMW (who cares)...but not the Ferrari!!!

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm guesstimating landfall of the large eye should hit @ 1 a.m.

I've linked this site on the other Ivan threads for good reason. Huge amount of constantly updated (every 5 minutes/hourly) info/pics below tribute.
    http://www.ih2000.net/ira/bmt-wth.htm

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Several houses have already collapsed into the surf at Cape San Blas and 30-40 more are expected to collapse before its over. The road to the Cape is completely under water. On the Cape it is the surg that is causing the damage as the winds are only 20-30-kts. at this time. My house is OK right now. I am praying and have my fingers crossed.

8. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Good luck to you, Frank, and everyone else affected. It sounds like you are in touch with someone down there, which is good since it means the phone system, and possibly electricity, is still functioning.

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I just received a call from my yard man who was standing in my driveway on his cell phone. He said I had no damage whatsoever. He did say that the wind was still blowing pretty hard though. By the way Vince, are you going to make the car show this Saturday at First Redeemer?

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I am sitting in it now as I type this. (Birmingham, AL)