Arizona School Info needed | FerrariChat

Arizona School Info needed

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LAfun2, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hello there,

I was looking for some information regarding the following two schools. I have been to their website and studied them, but I would like to hear from a natives perspective, if possible.

I thank you in advance for the help. :)

Schools:

1) University of Arizona (Rogers)

2) Arizona State University

My questions were pretty general, so you can throw whatever you want in your post. I want to know how do AZ look at these schools. Is one considerably better than the other? What are your personal views? How is the living situation near the schools? Any one have any idea on rent (say 1bedroom apt) or prices for a 1 or 2 bedroom small condo? Just looking at general info.

Any recommendations on the school/lifestyle would be appreciated. Are there big cities near these schools? Are they more urban/suburban setting?

Any of you guys attended either one? Would you do it again?

**Only concerned about Academic quality, not sports** ;)

Thanks for the help,

-Ryan

2. AZ Ferrari Man

May 5, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Man O' man. I go to the U of A and it is awesome. It has a great business school, great social aspects and not to sound trite top 5 school's in the US as far as beautiful girls go. The campus is in square. the are four major streets encompassing it. ASU is spread out througout the city of Phoenix. Phoenix equally good girls, and great nightlife in Scottsdale (if you have the money) U of A Greek system dominates and ASU not so much. IF you a full in depth, you can pm me and we can talk on the phone.

3. MarkoP

MarkoP Karting

Jun 15, 2004
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marko Pesakovic
    ASU has a main campus with about 40k students, that is centralized (a few square miles) in Tempe. There are satellite campuses under ASU's umbrella that are spread out throughout Phoenix. Since girls were mentioned, if UofA is in the top 5, that means ASU is still #1. As far as academics ASU has a very good business, engineering, and architecture program.

4. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    THanks guys for the information. Girls aren't the key aspect, but rather academics is. Since I am looking at their law program, UA seems to be ranked higher than ASU.

Thanks for the info, I will take into account. :)

How is the weather sept-may? How high does the heat go, and how cold are the winters? Does it ever rain?

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #5 F40, Sep 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey look, it's Sun Devil Stadium! It does rain here, once in a great while... sept may is nice, still hot in september... It's 102 outside as I write this. It's about the same temp in May too... The winters are usually in the 70's, and it will go into the 30's at night...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you Patrick. Yeah I was watching the Diamondbacks/Giants game the other night, and the announcer said it was 102, thus they had the dome closed and the AC on.

When does the temp drop down in the 80s? October?