HURRICANE Ivan | FerrariChat

HURRICANE Ivan

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by JSinNOLA, Sep 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Where is everyone going to go if you evacuate? Let's hope this beast doesn't come any closer!

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'll be hanging out at the house in Madeville :) .

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    In that case I will be forced to go ahead and relieve you of your 348. You won't be needing it in the next life ;)

Seriously, you wouldn't consider staying through a mandatory evac?

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I went to blue harbor shell in Mandeville to get gas earlier. I think half the city was there. They were out of everything except V Power. I heard some other stations were out of regular as well. I wonder if they are really out or just see a way to make people but premium. I have to use it anyway......

We are staying at home in Covington.

If things get bad where would be the best place to go? I would thing north or west. Jackson?

5. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I'm guessing there will be the usual below monroe street evac for mandeville. I have heard below I-12 would be voluntary.

I hope to get some pics of the lakefront if it is underwater again.

6. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I'm up in Ruston for college right now...so I haven't really been following it, how likely is it to hit N.O.?

When the last big hurricane hit and we had to evacuate we nearly had to sleep in the car because ever single room was booked up...that won't happen again. There is no way my parents will try and evacuate by car, they will just buy a plane ticket and fly somewhere far from the path of the hurricane. It seems like a great idea to me, fly somewhere that is somewhere and you won't be bored out of your mind watching the weather channel, and you won't have to worry about wrestling with traffic.

7. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    How bout them dawgs.

8. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm just gonna hang out. The Ferrari is in a garage, and I just bought a 4X4, so I'm not too worried about flooding. The wife will be working at the hospital and I'll be home with the dogs. Wouldn't do any good to leave anyway, there are no rooms in Ms, no rooms as far north as Shreveport, and probably nothing east of Houston by now. Besides, I'm not convinced we'll get anything more than some mild wind and lotsa rain.

Dave

9. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
  10. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    meh...

:)

11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Chip, I was about to post that, this is getting worse and worse!

Got a room in Shreveport, but I just looked on Travelocity and they have a last minute deal for a flight out wednesday to vegas with a room at Mandalay with a return flight Sunday for $550 :D

2 years ago I fled to Vegas, so I might do it again, lol

12. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    John, Sounds like a plan.

Hmmm Shreveport or Las Vegas

Not much of a choice. LOL

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The 10pm path is even further west. Time to get outta dodge.

Will probably chill out in Slidell tonight and make final decision in the morning.

14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Decided against Vegas because I couldn't figure out where to store my car, so Houston here I come!

I searched online for hours this evening and could not find anything decent in Houston. Then I signed up for expedia and got a room in the Intercontinental. Funny because I called the Intercontinental an hour before and they claimed they were booked, so hopefully this loophole can work for you guys!

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Anybody heading for Houston, I have room......

I have some folks up Jackson, MS. way, as well. Stay out of the way!!!

This baby looks like it means business.

Dave 328 is right though, I'd ride one out in a Hospital. Big generators!!!!

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have surfboards as well....waxing them up...the swell should peak Wed.AM..

17. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Good luck over there guys! I'd hate to lose my party spot over there with all of you. I can't imagine what this thing could do to New Orleans if it hits directly. Everyone be safe and get out your umbrellas.

18. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas
    If anyone can't find a room in Houston, College Station is about an hour Northwest. We have plenty of space and garages. Just give me a call in advance.

- Charlie
    504-236-6559

19. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Dave, the t is what I'm thinking, my main concern is the trees by my house . From the projected path right now I think we will get maybe 60mph winds or so . If you want to leave the westbank, you are welcome here

20. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks Frank. I'm really not that concerned. I have one very sturdy swamp magnolia in the front yard, it's young so should fare pretty well. I'm going to put the BMW at a friends house that has no trees and very good elevation. I'll push the Honda into the street (since I don't own it anymore, the Ins Co. does :) ) and keep the truck out front. The best thing about this whole ordeal will be that the wife will be on lockdown at work in the hospital getting paid OT 24 hours a day, so I won't have to deal with any hysteria from her. My only real concern is the new house. But hell, it's covered under the builders insurance, so there really isn't much to worry about anyway.

Dave

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    As posted on the Florida>Ivan thread a few days ago:

http://www.ih2000.net/ira/bmt-wth.htm
    Check this out - at first glance, this site doesn't look like much - but reams of current pics are online, along with updates and links.

22. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    this thing is headed right for you guys, even though they still say it will move east, I don't see it, prepare and be safe

23. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    we all are thinking about you. Be safe first and keep the F cars above water. My friend Mark Rosa got his car on the lift. We wish you the best.
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Looks like you guys might catch the west end of all this. Good luck to all of you. It's going to be a long night here in Pensacola. Water is already starting to creep up the road and docks are underwater. If you tune in to the weather channel you can check out Pensacola Beach and see that the waves are already hitting the bottom of the pier. We'll probably lose it but it is designed to come apart in sections. Hang tight guys.