Daytona door latch cable | FerrariChat

Daytona door latch cable

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Tspringer, Sep 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    The cable that runs from the outside door lever, used to open the door, has broken. I need a replacement..... any ideas on a good source?

Also... does anyone know exactly where that blasted cable attaches too anyhow?

Terry

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Terry,

The cable attaches to the door lock mechanism inside the door, it's a simple piece of bowden cable with a soldered nipple on one end, very easy to make, however still available as a spare part - Ferrari #30014708 - about £12.00.

Just remove the door panel and it takes about half an hour to replace the cable. Most common cause of failure is not a broken cable, but the lock nuts that hold the cable holder come loose. When re-assembling make sure the handle moves freely in the insert in the door.

3. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    As always, Malcolm is spot on. But they do break/come loose also from trying to force them when the door is locked.

If you can't wait for delivery of genuine part...go to your bicycle shop or hardware store and by 10m of the cable for about $10!

It'll do all your doors, bonnets, boots, fuel doors etc etc.

4. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks guys! I'll tackle it this weekend, should be a snap.

Terry

5. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well, easy, but snap? My big fingers have trouble with getting bits in and out, it will try your patience a little, but once you figure it out it is simple. Careful to line up the little arm, it can push into the outer door panel and ding it.

regards, Brian