6-Cylinder Boxer | FerrariChat

6-Cylinder Boxer

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by GaryReed, Sep 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I love how all of these crap-mobile sellers describe the money spent - "invested" $25,000 in this project, rather than "pi$$ed away" $25,000 on this project.

If 6 cylinders are 50% of 12 cylinders, does that make this car "half fast" compared to a Boxer?

Cheers
    Kevin

2. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    Imagine spending $60,000 to by a Ferrari and then spend another $25,000 to convert it to a Fiero. (I do own a Fiero and would not consider converting it)

Last week end I was in Walla Walla for a car show and there is a kit car Diablo based on a Fiero. It looks Ok but not as good as the real thing and unfortunately he has put the badges on. I think that kind of thing says alot about the character of the person.

3. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I don't.

I used to want a kit car too. But I was also 18 years old, and the "cheapest" Ferrari (308GT4) was going for oh, say $90k. Yep, this was during the late 80's spending spree (and TR's were going for over $300k, F-40s for over a million, etc.). I could build a kit for less than half-that $90k.

Didn't do it, as even that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive.

Some people are just want one of these cars so bad, but don't have the funds.

Now a days, I am less likely to be as sympathetic given Ferrari's can be had in the high teens for a Mondial 8 or really used 308, especially when they try to pass a kit car off as a real Ferrari.

4. Frank R. Masiarz

Nov 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Frank R. Masiarz
    Hi.............

Anyone know anything about the Corson Company, manufacturer of the replica BB kit ???

Do replicas use real Boxer gear, such as the airboxes ? How many of them ?? Hopefully, not too many of them.

Frank..........23005
    www.masiarz.net/bb_resource

5. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Don't kill me, but it doesn't look too bad. It's better than the camaro kit based testarossa replicas. I think it also looks better then most of the 308 replicas as well. I would pay $500 for it.

6. atheyg

atheyg Guest

They actually got some of the lines correct such as the rear decklid except for the width of the wheel flares and around the front spoiler and turn signal lights, it looked like they used OEM orange lights, no wonder why the supply is depleated now.

7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I agree... as a fake Boxer, it doesn't look "half" bad.

I just hate kit cars in general though.

Can't imagine driving that one, or any other fake car around and "pretending" it's the real deal.

-Conversation heard at gas station-

Joe Q Public, asks: "Can I look at the engine?.. I've never seen a flat 12 before."

Owner: "Uh... the release latch recently broke off and I need to fix it"...
    "Maybe next time."

Question: "It sure is quiet, for a Ferrari."
    Answer: "Yep, those flat engines are really quiet, but I've got a Tubi on order for it."