What do you guys think about this 365GTC/4? | FerrariChat

What do you guys think about this 365GTC/4?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by LetsJet, Sep 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
  2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Looks pretty good, and a nice color on the c4.

Interior looks good, though it's hard to tell if the mousehair dash is in good shape, my guess is that it is faded. Looks like this could be a nice driver. Make sure to check the rear suspension and diff, those can be a pain I've been told.

Have you driven one yet? They are interesting cars, I like them. the sound is absolutely glorious, one of the best sounding Ferrari's. I'm not sure on price, but when I was looking around a driver in decent shape was anywhere from 45 to 50.

Good luck.

3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Vincent,

I'm not interested in purchasing it. One Ferrari is all I have room for now. It is actually my friends car. He has had many Fcars and some I've seen and driven. I haven't driven this one and know little about it. I would have liked to have driven it before he sold it, but I guess that's not going to happen. I know he garages all his cars (many, many) and has a person drive and maintain them. So, my question was more informational as I don't know anything about these vintage models. BTW- I hope someone on Fchat gets it...... then maybe I still can have a ride! LOL

4. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Nice car!

My car is also original paint. I suspect that there are a lot of C4s out there that have never been repainted. The C4s always had a good reputation for PF's build quality...one aspect of being built by PF versus Scaglietti.

FYI. All C4s are manual.

The wire wheels are less common and more desirable, but that's personal choice. I have Cromodoras, but would like a set of WW.

Leather looks OK, but the piping is torn on the drivers side.

Hard to tell about the 'mouse fur' covering...the flash really washes out texture and finish, in my experience.

There is a knob on the console to the left of the Seat Belt light that is not familar to me. From the symbol, it might be speaker balance, but I wonder if it's OEM or added later.

There is a non-OEM lock above the PF logo on the left side. Fuel cutoff maybe?

Overall, looks in nice shape, but the key is under the hood and running. Note that there are no photos of the engine.

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
  6. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    The GTC4 is a very underrated car, i myself love them.

7. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Eric M - I see you talked to the seller - who is this guy? I see the ads say the cars are in Alexandria and his area code is 703. I thought I knew of all of the 365GT2+2s in the mid-atlantic - but I've never seen this one.

PM me w/ his name if you like.

thanks

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I love the C4 too! It is much more car than a Daytona for less than 1/2 the price.

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I just emailed him. If he says ok I will post it...........

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    He emailed me back saying it was ok.

His name is Bruce Waldack.

12. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
  13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    He's ok............ I think he's just had too much excess and wants to thin things down a bit. He's got some great things............. This doesn't touch the surface.