colour printers | FerrariChat

colour printers

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Craigger, Sep 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Craigger

Craigger Rookie

Jan 2, 2004
    Im buying my son (17) a new printer as the last one (b&w laser) is dead, so Im looking for a basic colour inkjet printer (175 cdn max) so im just wondering what are good names and if there are any specific models to look at stay away from

thanks

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    We have HP at home and the office but they are all at least a few years old. I keep watching the color laser printers go down in price. I'm tempted to buy one.

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I have a Canon i850. It isn't the best but its not the worst. I print pictures with it on glossy paper and they come out pretty good. I think they were about $150 at sams a while back

At wal-mart they have some cheap printers for about $30. The ink costs $50. I have friends that buy the $30 dollar printer and when the ink runs out they throw it away and go get another since its cheaper than replacing the ink.

I had a cheaper epson inkjet. After a few months somehow ink got onto the rollers and it put black stripes down all of my papers. I don't know how it happened or if it is a common problem with them.

I have found the www.newegg.com usually has decent prices.

4. zwodubber

zwodubber Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Allentown
    Full Name:
    Craig Loch. Jr
    I would say go with HP... I have two of their Laserjets and a photosmart 7350 in my office and have never had a problem with any of them.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm currently using a HP 1220C, it ran me about $350.00 about 2 years ago. I'm sure you can find something equal to it for much less now.