Don't pull out your nice car. Luv Bugz are everywhere. | FerrariChat

Don't pull out your nice car. Luv Bugz are everywhere.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ralfabco, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I just drove 5 hours in my Corolla. I doubt I will spend money to have the front bumper resprayed. This is some simple advice. You should ask to borrow your wifes car this weekend. BesiDES she wants you, to get the thing washed anyway. Do not take out you know what.

Anyone know the fastest "couple" to "hang on" ? They seem to usually hang on until at least 40mph, before going aerobatic. I have seen a determined couple make it to at least 50mph. - That is the exception.

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    No kidding! It's like a damn sworm of bees flying around. What are the purpose of luv bugs anyway?

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We don't have these in Dallas now, but Grandparents came up from College Station and front of their car was plastered.

4. woodlands_vt

woodlands_vt Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    The Woodlands, TX
    here you go, Ralph. Want some? :)

The pic below is from Sept 20 (last year). I just got the bumper repainted...

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Can one explain why the bumpers need to be repainted? A thorough cleaning doesn't get these bugs off?

I drive from Los Angeles to Seattle often, and pick up plenty of bugs in OR and WA, and usually come off with a good wash.

I was thinking of moving to TX next year, and if I have to get the bumpers painted, its not really worth the move. Thanks for the explanation to a native Californian. :)

-Ryan

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    LAfun2,

You don't unerstand Luigi's joy of "spirted driving."

7. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Luigi just does not get it. He does not understand that you are not supposed to drive an exotic "everyday." A daily driver ? This guy needs to be given a page in a Lamborghini sales brochure. He needs to explain how you can take a Diablo to purchase milk, drive it to work every day, dodge pretty girls screaming at either the car, and or Luigi, and fun runs. At least knock it down to a weekend car. It is very unfortunate. Meanwhile while the Diablo continues to toil, the Suburban sets around loafing in his driveway.

Ryan. The bumper respray is a cute joke. This really has to do with the fact of exotics getting rock chips, if the bumper is not covered. The Luv Bugz will come off, if you clean it fairly quickly. There is no reason to clean them when it comes to a Corolla.

8. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Glad to hear I might not have to change my whole life plans, because of your inside joke. ;) :D

9. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas

The love bugs have been swarming in College Station for the past few weeks. The record stands for a male hanging onto my window at 62 mph. They're gross and everywhere, but their "juice" is acidic, so you have to wash your car every other day if you get on the highway. Absolutely disgusting, but I'll take them over a hurricane anyday.

10. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#10 maranelloman, Sep 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Yup. The picture below was of my car at TWS in College Station several weeks ago. Got so bad that I literally couldn't see out of the windshield at the end of each 20 minute session on track. And I had to use a powerwash to get that crap off the front of the car. Acidic is not the half of it---more like Super Glue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login