360 F1 track car? | FerrariChat

360 F1 track car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by grantb, Sep 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    Anyone out there using a street 360, not a Challenge or Stradale primarily for a track car. I'd like to be able to drive to events in my area. There are a number of tracks within anywhere from 35 miles to 200 miles. I would share the car with my son and expect to do 8-10 events per year
    I would install racing seats, 5 point harnesses, roll bar.
    I have been thinking about a 360 challenge, but of course, that must be trailered.
    All comments, advice sought

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I've done 3 in my stock 360, plan on another on Nov 14th. All I've changed is pads and brake fluid. The stock S-02As are holding up very well, and have a ton of stick.

Gary

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I didn't use my 360 Modena *primarily* as a track car... it was about 30% track days and 70% other driving.

The 360 Modena is a fantastic track car with one primary exception... as is true with most any stock street car... you must replace the brake pads and brake fluid if you drive it hard on the track.

Other than that, you can drive it to the track, lap with the fastest non-race-cars out there, and then drive it home.

4. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    Brian
    6spd or F1?