Thank You Paul Hill!! Great Shift Lock! | FerrariChat

Thank You Paul Hill!! Great Shift Lock!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Sep 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #1 Chiaro_Slag, Sep 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Many thanks to our sponsor Paul Hill.

He ran a contest last month for a gate lock & I was the lucky winner. It's a great product (So were the aluminum pedals I bought from him last year). All his products are made with care - I could tell because I went to put some rubber bumpers on the back of the gate lock & there were some already there!!

Many thanks Paul!

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26091
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Very cool, Jerry. Nice CF shift knob as well - I guess you need all the weight reduction you can get on the big boy TR??

Cheers
    Kevin

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    LOL - I needed a little something to remember the fun trip to Monterey by, so I picked up that shift knob there from a vendor at the IC.

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Yea he does make some good stuff that Paul Hill, i buy from him as well. But Hey! how does that seat belt thing work? Does it slide around you automaticly when your seated? I think i have seen them on the TV but never in the flesh so to speak. Is it a conversion?

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The seatbelt is original to TR's and 348's. It is activated by the doors opening and closing.

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Nice 328 steering wheel too! I knew you couldn't completely let go!! ;)

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice eye. I posted a thread in the Cali section about it - Much better than the original big, thin steering wheel. It's a Momo Monte Carlo - I left off the little piece that covers the bolts as I like the look of them exposed like the 328.

8. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Me too. Then again, if you put that ring back in there you have a 288 GTO wheel. :)

9. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    LMAO Jerry. That's funny. I wonder how long before you find them! :D :D :D

10. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    That must be somthing the US cars have. I had a TR last year and mine did not have that system, in fact i have never seen it on a UK car. So clearly they must make them different for you.

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Does that lock use a circular key, like on a Kryptonite bike lock? The paper just ran an article about how thieves can pick those using the end of a Bic pen! Nice to know...

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I tried that, but the bic was too small to fit in the hole. Would be nice though as i lost the keys right after I put it on, before I had a chance to put the keys on my keyring. The car has been stuck in my garage since Thursday..... I Suck.

13. Rick328GTS

Rick328GTS Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Jerry,

Bought the same item from Paul months ago! Really a great piece of work!!
    Everybody should have one!

PS, would like to talk to you sometime about the mats you bought a while ago for your 328!

Best Regards,

Rick

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    re : mats - Sure, just send me an email at [email protected] or send me a PM.

15. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thats nice, must be a very useful thing to have in case anyone ever decides to break into your Ferrari. Oh and i love that carbon-fiber shift knob by the way!

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Jerry... Congratulations on winning and congratulations on what looks like a wonderful product... Yours is one of the most beautiful Testarossas i've EVER seen... It's truly immaculate... The color scheme is beautiful and the condition of the car is amazing... i feel privileged to have seen it and ridden in it and i feel unfortunate not to have many pictures of it... Next time i come out there, i'm coming over to your house during the day - whether you're there or not...! :D