Exhaust System for 360 Spyder | FerrariChat

Exhaust System for 360 Spyder

Discussion in '360/430' started by jhyldahl, Sep 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jhyldahl

jhyldahl Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    Most likely, this subject has been fully covered in past threads but I'm a new subscriber so bear with me. After owning four older Ferrari models, I finally stepped up to my dream- a 2002 360 F1 Spyder. It's in a rare color combination; Grigio Ingrid/ Natural (baseball glove brown) with lower dash in Natural and black carpets. Stunning in my eyes.
    When I've finished washing and drying it,at twilight, the Pinin Farina design almost make me weep. OK, enough of the softer side.
    The stock exhaust has to go. I crave the F1 shreik at the 6,000-8,500 rpm range. My only experience with after market was a Tubi on my 355 GTS.
    Is Tubi still the way to go on the 360? Should I consider Capristo, ANSA, Quicksilver,etc.?
    Thanks to all for the input.

2. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    hi just send me an email

3. GI Jnr

GI Jnr Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Tuan Le
    I refused to pick up my spider unless it had a Tubi fitted.

If you really want the ultimate sound, fit test pipes also. Had mine fitted earlier this week. The car sounds awesome!

To some people, it's "too" much, but I think it's incredible!

It just snorts and flames down the road...

Tuan

4. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    Agreed. Tubi. Only product that's tested properly. Sounds "natural" too.

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Try to find someone with a Capristo, it's worth the effort. Many prefer it to Tubi, has more of an F1-style shriek to it.

Gary

6. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have owned two 360 spiders, one with a Tubi, and one with a Capristo. I enjoyed the sound of the Tubi much more than the sound of the Capristo. The build quality of each seemed exceptional, a shame they are hidden.
    Tom

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Opinions definitely vary. A good friend of mine wanted to put an exhaust on his Spider but didn't like the Tubi at all, found it too boomy at freeway speeds. When he rode in a Capristo Spider, he immediately went out and bought one. I find the Capristo very pleasant on the highway. Bottom line is try to find both types to ride in and experience.

Gary