360 Articles in magazines | FerrariChat

360 Articles in magazines

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jason Crandall, Sep 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I was hanging out in Barnes and Noble last night. Lots of rain here in Atlanta. Could not believe how many Car magazines had articles on the cover comparing the 360 to other sports cars. What I couldn't believe even more is how they all seem to prefer the car that was up against the 360.

They all love the 360 for what it is and they do not bash it. But they all think the Ford Gt, Porsche, Lambo etc. etc. are better cars.

Jason

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Did you notice about 4 magazines did the Ford GT, Enzo, Porsche comparo? Wonder if it was all on the same day with the same cars.

Most of the articles I have seen have been the 360CS versus everyone and anyone. Good news is that it seems to be the standard for comparisons, even if it "loses" some of the comparisons.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Once along time ago I cared what magazines had to say, then I bought a car they all oved the a Merkur (I doubt I need to more) coupe. These days I may read all the magazines but I rarely care about what car they like best. After all it is my money and my ass in the seat.

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Morrie,
    I am like that. I read them all for entertainment, but I don't think the Enzo - Porsche - Ford GT decision is on my horizon.

Ah, the timeless Merkur..... Maybe a 360 - Merkur comparison next month?

5. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I do think it's great that they use the Ferrari as a basis for comparison but I think they use it more due to its' price tag. Saying "Look and see how much more car you can get for less!!!"

I'm really looking forward to see how the Ford GT does in resale. Wonder if it will turn into a Corvette?

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I think it be a great artcle a 360 vs how fast you could throw a piece of a junked Merkur.

7. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    me too, it will be interesting how it does... ford states it will make 1000 a year for several years...certainly less than 30k cars a year corvette makes...also, i am curious to see how it holds up mechanically..the c5 vettes were bullet-proof...very few fords have been bullet proof, and i would be inclined to wait a few years for the gt to prove its reliablity before i would buy one, hopefully for under 100k!!!

8. Bianco

Bianco Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    There is no question that the C6 is designed to look like a Ferrari in the front with the wider intake and new exposed headlights. I drove a 2005 at the GM In Motion Auto Show yesterday around the Las Vegas Motor Speedway inner track, and it does perform very well - even without the Z-51 handling package. The 400 horses were quick for as fast as they let you take it, but it still sounds like a Vette. Nothing sounds quite like a Ferrari.

9. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    You've never driven a Merkur.

10. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i am suprised there isnt a merkurchat.com web site!!!!!