Anyone know where I can get those silk covers we all get but in yellow??? | FerrariChat

Anyone know where I can get those silk covers we all get but in yellow???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by poleposition, Sep 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. poleposition

poleposition Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    I have the red seat covers and car cover. I'm looking for these same high quality covers in Yellow. Anyone know where I can find that? Thanks in advance.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have used a CoverKing for years... they have lots of fabric selections... 1 800 Coverking, IIRC

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    post a pic gus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Erik

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    #6 AJS328, Sep 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm at work so I can't take a shot right now. Here is what it looks like though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I got the red one from Ferrari for my 348 spider but they have yellow as well. Not cheap and took a bloody long time to get here but the ol' cavallino on the bonnet is nice and it fits like a glove.

Those covercar ones look nice if I ever go for blue...

Cheers
    Kevin

8. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    I am thinking of ordering one (red) from the owner's site. How long did yours take to get here once ordered? Were there any Customs charges on top of the purchase price plus shipping (50 euros for shipping!)

Thanks,

-Kevin

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Mine took 2 months to get to me and with shipping and duties it was damn near $400! Still, it's pretty nice and it looks great with that horsey on the front.

10. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    $400 wow, but the factory ones look really nice! I priced one from Covercraft (similar material, but no cavallino) and their price was $341 + shipping. The one from the Ferrari owners site costs 230 euros (+ 50 euros shipping) which works out to about $330 USD total. Do those prices seem in line with the cost of the cover when you bought it? If so, am I correct to assume a ~ $70 Customs + broker fee? I have not emailed one of the other links posted (Covercar in Italy) to find their current cost. I am assuming they would not come with the Cavallino.

Thanks,

-Kevin

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #11 Chiaro_Slag, Sep 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I just ordered a carcover called Snugfit from them. It is a lycra/polyester outer blend with a looped cotton interior lining that supposedly fits like a glove. I should have mine in a week or so. Autoanything.com is a distributor of them.
    My Ferrari dealer had a factory 550 cover with the horse on it for $675.00. and they had one in stock but I just thought that was too much. I am having my cover made for $400.00. I think mine will be a little thicker to protect from minor bumps but no horse:( I hope I am not disappointed.

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Kevin

Just logged in to the owners site and checked "my orders". I ordered it on May 26 (which would be right after I bought the car from Martin) and it says delivered August 12 which sounds about right. So say 11 weeks plus or minus. There mighta been a few bucks for customs/duty but it wasn't very much. It is a darn nice cover, though....

Cheers
    Kevin

14. poleposition

poleposition Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    Has anyone ever seen the seatcovers in yellow too?

15. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    You're pretty much right on the money with your estimate (no pun intended). My total came to $396 and change after all was said and done. The cover looks and fits great though!

16. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Awesome Guys!!!!!!!!!
    Erik

17. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Gary, once the cover arrives, I would love to see a pic of it and hear a report from you. Once, a long while ago, I saw a 348 fitted with this style of cover. I was always very impressed by it--enough that I still remember the encounter. Anyways, I've recently been trying to find one in that style, and the SnugSoft you've described fits that description exactly! I love the OEM covers with the Cavallino, but I think there would be benefits to having the thicker plush material such as the SnugSoft. And it does come in red too! I'd appreciate the feedback once it arrives. Thanks.

Eric

18. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Where are the car covers on the owner's site? Also, where can I get tan seat covers form my '85 308?

19. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    you can also try this guy:
    Joe Foster at [email protected]
    He sells the car covers, seat covers and carrying bag....all in different colors. Last ad I read, it said that the cover with the bag was approx $400.