308 sifter bushings | FerrariChat

308 sifter bushings

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ria, Sep 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    i made the 2 sifter bushings for my 308 gtsi no ruber to go bad this will out last the car no moor movement, no mising sifts.

2. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Some more information might be nice.

3. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    ask me.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Could you spell and use punctuation? ;)

5. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Matt Morgan, "Kermit" Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    Or if you like, ask me, and I will be happy to give you the dimensions.
    FOR PERSONAL USE
    For those who have access to machine shop equipment, they are quite easy to make. the choice of material can make a tremenous differance in how it turns out though. The products that are sold by Durable 1 are tested very thoroughly before they are released to the public, as part of proper business practices. I can tell you that the wrong choice of plastic or whatever you wish to produce them from can lead to difficulties later that may be more trouble than they are worth.
    If you have time on your hands and wish to do a set for yourself, feel free. But if you look at the time it takes to source the correct materials, machine set up etc. The cost of them from us is really a cheaper way to go,and you can be assured that they are right.
    I wish you the best in your set Ria, and I sincerely hope they work out well. I do ask that you respect the efforts that go in to developing a new product, and the costs involved.

6. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    i have access to a machine shop the material is the same as durable 1 delrin color black. i have material to make 20 bushings as of now.

7. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    dave thanks for letting me know.

8. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    Ria, Perhaps you have not quite gotten the idea here. Delrin, like many plastics, is available in many different types. The hardness, alone can be different in the same color but from a different manufacturer. Then there is additives to the blend, much like other plastics. Fiberglass is often an added part of the final product, which results in different properties. Without a chemical anylisis, it is very unlikely that you have EXACTLY the compound that we manufacture our product from. So I would say that is an untruth.
    While I commend your enthusiasm in making better parts for the cars we love, lets stop and take a look at the scenario from an outside viewpoint. In essence, what I hear you saying is you are considering going into production of anothers design. While technically, it is an Intellectual Property, I will be honest in that the #'s aren't there to support or even consider any action entailing the legal system.
    That out of the way, I am starting to think that this is a prank, and that is all it is meant to be. To post on a board that is read virtually worldwide that you are going to in "knock off" anothers product is not the best way to launch a product. Taking anothers design, is no different than taking anothers physical property, which is called stealing. So now that you have established your ethics, good luck with the bushings.
    On a lighter note I wish the posting board had spell check myself, as it is often easy to miss an error, LOL
    Kermit

9. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    matt you do not make this mat you get it from a source so do i. i have the no and spks to back this . i made this bushings for me this does not mean if someone in the board want to get a set i will make it for them at good price and i will give them all the info thay want. and if thay want to make it on ther own i will let them know were to get it. if you think this is a prank that is your problem.

10. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    Ria, this IMO is a prank.
    I have a few friends in the NWRFCA that have a sense of humor, and it occured to me last night that as absurd as this is, I had fallen for a gag from one of them, as they know how much care I put into the work. I chuckled for hours.
    On the far reaching posssibility that it isn't , by all means, go for it.As near as I can tell from your post, there is still a bit of cloudiness on the plastics issue. No matter. Use what you want it doesn't matter a bit to me.
    Let me give you a few pointers on design "borrowing", based on my experiences in the Harley aftermarket.
    First off. Dont tell everyone that you are doing copies, it is too obvious,and does not create a good basis for doing business. It tells people that you have a level of integrity that they may not feel comfortable doing business with.
    Second, change the design slightly, even if it is just a different color, this can the be used to show it is different than the original,and you can promote it as better.
    Lastly, if you are brazen enough, claim to be the original. Insist that there is a Patent Pending, even if the item is allready patented, no one will know.
    Lastly, on the plastics topic, I'll put in terms that may be easier for you to understand: The tars on yer truk may not be the sam kin of ruber as Jimmy Jo Dewey Luke Roy Bob's Ferd truk. dey cud be harder or sofer.
    Have a grat day, yu have made mine
    Kermit

11. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    matt the prank is in your mind ONLY.