V1 mounting on 360 | FerrariChat

V1 mounting on 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by phong69, Sep 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen
    Hey guys, anyone hard wire their Valentine V1 to their 360? Which fuse panel are you running it to? Pics and tips would be great!

2. jrotsaert

jrotsaert Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Jean-Marc
    I did it (mine is a coupe).
    I'm taking the power from the clock. The only issue is that because you have to use the Valentine telephone type power cord you need to cut it (not enough room for the whole thing) and then you have to remove the circuit board from the plastic power and accessory unit (again not enough room).
    The only special thing you will need is a telephone wire tool and some empty RJ45s and be very careful to remember that the wires are inversed between one end and the other. Took me less than 90 minutes, works perfectly. Reply if you want more info
    JM

3. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I did mine too. I get switched 12v from behind the radio. I ran a wire on the right side near the windshield. The V1 remote display is attached right below the dash above the shifter.

Taking the power from the light made sense but I needed a wire to go down for the remote display anyhow.

Let me know if you need pics.

AW

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Or even easier... with the hardwire kit, just run the wires between the headliner and windshield and into the area with the overhead lights and clock, leaving the black piece with the phone plugs hanging out right there at the top of the windshield over the rear view mirror. Then you can use a short 3" phone cord (you can get from Valentine or most any place that sells phones) to plug in the V1.

Almost no effort required, and then if you need to remove it (like for a track day), you can easily unplug it and the dangling part is right there at the windshield (not hanging down in the way).

Make sure that you connect it to a SWITCHED hot wire so that it automatically turns on and off with the key!

5. ART360

ART360 Guest

From reading, for a dunce like me this looks like a prescription to end up with a dead battery. Anyone have someone in the Bay Area install theirs? If they did a good job, please PM me.

Thanks,

Art

6. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen
    Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I will try it next to the clock.

7. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen
    Thanks for all the ideas. Had it wired to the clock yesterday and works/ looks great.

8. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    When hooking into the clock which wire is the hot, switched one?

9. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen
    I did not see the install but I assume one would just use a voltmeter to test for the wire with current.