365GT 2+2 | FerrariChat

365GT 2+2

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Gatarz, Sep 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    Many years ago (about 1984), I had possession of a 365GT 2+2 with an AUTOMATIC transmission. I would like to know what happened to the car. I can also relate information about the history of the car that might be of interest to the current owner, if the car still exists.

To help identify the car, it was once in the possession of Autohaus in Cohasset, MA.

Thanks,

J David

2. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Autohaus in Cohasset, MA is no longer in business. They originally sold my 1985 308QV and I have been trying for years to get the records for my car from them. So far no luck in locating anyone who knows where the records are. I figure they must be in storage somewhere, but I could be wrong.

As to your 365 with an auto, I have never heard of such a car. It sounds like a one off or an aftermarket upgrade (I would call it a down grade, but that is me). Good luck in your search.

Ken

3. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    Keith Bluemel mentions in his V12 book that four 365GT's were outfitted with automatics, but he doesn't elaborate as to which serial numbers they were.

4. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    I spoke with the owner of Autohaus (no longer in business) a year or so ago. Though I am not at liberty to give out his contact information at this time, you may be able to find him through your records or through other owners, and he may in turn lead to the Ferrari records you are seeking.

Regarding the 356GT 2+2 Automatic - it was in fact a factory car, and I did exchange e-mails with a west coast Ferrari dealer some time ago who knew of a few of the auto cars and their owners, but did not have specifics on the car I was referring to.

I had an interesting experience with that particular car, and given the interest most owners have in collecting as much history on their cars as possible, I would like to fill in some data for that particular car to the current owner, as well as learn of the cars fate.

5. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    Of course I meant 365GT 2+2 in my previous post, not 356. Yes, I drive a Porsche, forgive me!

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  7. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    There was a 365 2+2 auto for sale at a place in Philadelphia? 2+ years ago; it was light blue metallic with blue interior, I think. I remember it well because I called my wife over to look at the web page and said "if you want an automatic vintage Ferrari, here it is". I'll see if I can come up with the name of the place and post it.

8. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    I think I remember seeing that one offered a few years ago. The one I'm looking for was a sort of gray or silver - possibly a bronze type color originally. it had a color change in roughly 1984 and I don't know what happened to it since. It may have been restored back (I hope).

9. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Pietro Castiglione- founder of the Reading Concorso - has one of the six

10. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    ....five to go, I guess, as it seems they only built six with the auto. This car would have needed a fairly complete restoration after 1984, though it was complete and running. I drove it to Hartford, CT that year where some Ferrari restorer looked it over. He had several other then vintage Ferraris on hand at the time. He passed on the car. I had quite an adventure getting that car to him, and getting it back to RI.

11. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    the 6 automatics are 12755, 13165, 13167, 13169, 13171 and 13173 - all USA spec cars.

12. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    I don't know which one of the six VINs it was, but I think with no more than six out there, someone will know it's whereabouts. I think the guy in Hartford I saw that day may have had a GT Lusso (RED) at the time, but I'm not positive about that.

13. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
  14. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Maybe this is where I saw it.

http://www.exoticarspittsburgh.com/Home.htm

15. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    There is something scary about that site.