360 Service and Issues | FerrariChat

360 Service and Issues

Discussion in '360/430' started by SimonA, Sep 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Gentlemen,

I am considering buying a 360. Can I please ask what other owners have found are the service costs minor service and major service? Also have there been any issues to be aware of or avoid?

Please after all the questions regarding buying a Ferrari and people asking advice I am interested the issues of ownership. I am not here to waste anyones time. Just would like some guidance. Thank you.

I have owned other Ferraris so I am familar with some of the service issues that come up. I have owned a F355 as well as other Ferraris.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

"01 360 here. In a little over a year I've done an oil and break fluid change. It's due for belts in the not to distant future but I'm not worried about it right now($1,200.) Other than that that's it, except for some minor warranty stuff. That's my experience.

3. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    After all is said and done, it's just a car!

Use it regularly and things which are working will likely keep working. Let it sit for weeks or months and you can expect weird things to happen.

Figure about $1K-2K per year for routine service. Extra for the 3-5 year belt change and 30K major (which most 360s won't be seeing for decades, if ever...).

Of course, if you have an F1, you should also setup a clutch fund. :)

4. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I have owned mine 18 months, and within the 1st year I had to get the 3 year service, but right after the warranty expired my car developed gasket leaks that combined with the service cost me $7k to fix. Also, my car is in for the cam variators inspection, which is covered, but make sure you buy as new a car as possible.

5. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Simon,

Get the 360. However, it might be prudent to wait until the release of the 430. I have a 99' 360 F1 coupe, which just had the major sevice done. It's not that bad. I spent $9200, but I had other things done to the car. Brake pads, brush the rotors, repair of all the little cosmetic issues that occur if you really drive the car and not let it be a garage queen, replace power steering fluid line, realign door windows, ect, ect... The bill for just the major service(5 year) was $4800. You already had a 355 and the 360 is a technically superior car, shoot for an 03', 04' model. Best of luck.

6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    01 360 here and I would echo the $1200 per year for all fluids. The only warranty issues I've had were the gas tank level sending unit (would only read 3/4 when full) and Lake Forest replaced the slave bearing seal. BTY my Diablo's fluids were very similar in cost. A small price for driving an excellent car!!

7. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Thank you Gentlemen,

Have there been any other issues?

Are there any years to avoid?

Service sounds on par with F355.

Did anyone get a 360 with the sunroof?

Thank you again.

8. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Also, anyone buy a 360 with sport seats? How are they compared to regular seats?

9. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

For those of us that suffer from winter weather and let them sit during that time (3-4 months), hasn't the 360 generally been regarded as being less problematic than the 355 when not driven regularly? Someone want to enlighten me on this that suffers from real winter conditions w/o driving there ride.

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    That would strictly depend on your build. Daytona's have been regarded as the most comfortable and typically the most desirable for resale. Regarding the sunroof, that would be a no, no on a 360.

11. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Thank you again.

So it seems if I am correct that all the years the 360 has been built there is no difference. Correct? Reason I ask is that when the F355 was released in the USA in 95 it was well received. Then in 96 Ferrari changed a few things and the sound was better. And over 97,98 Ferrari made small unannounced changes.

Is this not the case with the 360?

Service seems to be similar to the F355 but more reliable.

Thanks again

12. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge

I have an '00 with the carbon fiber sport seats...I much prefer them because they are very firm and comfortable on the lower back - also allows a lot of room behind the seats for storage (a must for those of us who carry a purse). As the name implies, the ride is "sportier"...you feel more of the road. They also fit like a glove - once you are in, you aren't going to budge no matter how hard you take a turn. Of course, it's a little trickier to exit in and out of the car because they are ...for lack of a better word, deep dish, but as long as your butt doesn't exceed the seat capacity, you should be nimble enough to be able to get in and out with being a contortionist. :).

Yes, you can get a sunroof with a 360...there was a Yellow '99 with that option for sale at Texas Toys a couple months ago (you can look them up online..don't know if it is still for sale). Very rare but not impossible.