UK dealer network sacked? | FerrariChat

UK dealer network sacked?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fezzaphil, Sep 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fezzaphil

Fezzaphil Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I've hear that the Ferrari Factory have dispensed with the services of the UK dealer network and importer and is making them re-apply for their franchises. Similar to what Mercedes Benz did a few years ago. Anyone have any more info?

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I wonder!!!!!!!!!

3. jrotsaert

jrotsaert Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Jean-Marc
    I've been told and read in the FT I believe that Maranello lost its importer status (but keeps parts for a few more years). Apparently the other dealers were unhappy about allocations and it seemed that Maranello always found ways to get cars for their customers. My dealer, Graypaul, has now opened a new center in Nottingham which they claim is one the biggest in the world - hence I doubt that they had to reapply to get their dealership rights.
    They are owned by Roger Penske.
    JM

4. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

i wouldn't be surprised if graypaul got the importer rights and took over from maranello

5. jrotsaert

jrotsaert Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Jean-Marc
    I don't think so. I think that ferrari is now it's own importer, like Porsche and other brands that have decided to do that in the past few years
    JM