Anyone in Hamburg Germany? | FerrariChat

Anyone in Hamburg Germany?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by LetsJet, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Anyone know of

INTERPRESS Verlag GmbH? It's located in Hamburg. I might have made my first bad ebay purchase. I'm hoping everything works out ok and the guy seems straight but it's been two weeks and he hasn't shipped yet. So I'm trying to get some additional info.

2. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Wolfgang? Do you know somebody in HH?

Ton

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Please PM me with the details & I`ll check it and call them for you.
    But I need SERIOUS details!

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Wolfgang,

I did call him and spoke with him Tuesday. He said it will go out today or Thursday. He has perfect feedbacks, he owns the business I asked about, and his phone number checked out. So, I'll PM you the info if I don't get a tracking number by Thursday. Thanks for your help.

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Wonderful and good to hear/read. Thats for sure the better solution:)
    Anyway, you are always very wecome Eric.

6. WiWa

WiWa Rookie

Sep 15, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Holger
    Moin

I can also help when there are problems.

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Thanks,

Today was the day I expected to get the tracking number and I have not. Not a good sign.

I appreciate it.....

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Eric,
    its Saturday, 18. Any news on it?
    Feel free to contact WiWa, he lives very close to the firm.

9. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm sad to report I have not heard from him again. I did send another email yesterday that has gone unanswered. What doesn't make sense to me is, he has good feedbacks, I know who he is, and I've spoken to him on the telephone. Not quite what I would expect from someone trying to scam. In our phone conversation he mentioned that the item was very big and he was concerned about the shipping bow he had intended to use. He said he was going to make his own out of three boxes. He also said he would ship by Thursday and this apparently didn't happen.

So, here is the info guys.........

The auction ended 8/26/04 and I paid the same day via paypal.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2488156106&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Seller

Thomas Reinecke
    c/o INTERPRESS
    Hartwicusstr. 3
    22087 Hamburg
    Germany

Number from ebay:

Number provided by Swek
    (0 40) 2 28 07-0

The owner is listed as:
    Owner: Karin Reinecke
    Volume of sales: 2 Mio €

I hope it is not a scam. This sign came from AutoBecker, the same dealer that my car came from. I was really looking forward to bringing them back together.

As you can see his feedback are not indicative of this type of behavior. I have been using Ebay for many years, very carefully. This is the first time I think I might have an issue.

Some of the back and forth emails
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date : 9/1/04

Dear Eric,
    unfortunately no. I have had to order a special packaging by a local dealer, which is strong enough to send this fragile item very safe to you. I will get this box tomorrow or on Friday. Then I will ship it the same day and send you the tracking No. Sorry for delay, but I think safety first.
    Kind regards
    Thomas
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Date : 9/8/04

Hello Eric,
    sorry for non-answering. We had a system breakdown of T-Online for about 2 days. The other problem is, that I still have not the packaging box for the sign. I will wait till Friday, then I will find another way for safe transportation. I will inform you soon.
    Sorry and kind regards
    Thomas

He had a reply email address of : [email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------

What to do? I do not want to go the dispute route via paypal if at all possible. Fellow Fchaters from Germany feel free to contact him on my behalf to see if you understand better the issue that he is having.

10. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    I just called (0 40) 2 28 07-0 as I figured that local language might help and reached the parents of Thomas Reinicke. Karin Reinicke is his mother. She told me she is not aware of the issue and gave me the mobile # of her son which is exactly the same that you posted. No answer there. I´ll try again tomorrow and keep you posted.

I can´t see why it should be so complicated to send the item. He could simply take some "LuPo" (Luftpolsterfolie, I have no translation for this, but it´s your standard plastic protection tape with little pimples with air embedded ...) and wrap it around.

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Wow........thanks so much. I even provided him with my company fedex number to use for shipping. I could not have made it easier........

12. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Reached him on the mobile.

Sounds very honest and reputable. I didn´t know the sign is made of transparent plastic as it is illuminated by fluorescent tubes. So "Luftpolsterfolie" is not an option. He again told me that they had difficulties getting the appropriate packaging. But now they found a solution and your sign will be shipped tomorrow.

Congrats on the cool sign, maybe I should look for a similar one for my private rehearsal room!

If I where you I wouldn´t be worried :)

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Thanks,

Like I mentioned everything seemed fine but I was getting uncomfortable because he kept promising ship dates then not responding. I really appreciate you calling and making sure he is on the "up and up". I can't wait to get it and I think the wait is also causing me be excited. It is THE sign from the actual dealership the car was purchased from. It is a very rare find for me and when I get it I will posts picks!

Thanks..... thanks .... thanks

14. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Thanks guys,

It arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to change out the lighting to 120V 60hhz, but all is well.

I appreciate your help and Moderator maybe we should delete the post with his info in it?

Thanks again............

15. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Wow, I am ENVIOUS!

Glad everything went fine :)

16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Now, I need to get more stuff for the garage...........................huuuum, maybe a new garage?