Did JV shoot himself in the foot? | FerrariChat

Did JV shoot himself in the foot?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kizdan, Sep 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    He signed with Sauber for 2 years, yet he will drive the Renault for the remaining 3 races. You would have to imagine that if he impresses Flavio, he would have been offered Trulli's seat full time. You'd be a fool to choose Sauber over Renault. He also closed the door for a possibility of returning to BAR, another team that I'd choose over Sauber.

Has anyone been mentioned as Renault's full time ride for next season yet? If no, who do you think will end up there? Who do you think will end up at BAR?

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    The Renault drivers for next year are Alonso and Fisichella. (it has been confirmed)

Yes there's still that BAR seat but I think JV has done the right thing going to Sauber.

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Yeah over a month ago, it is Fisi!

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    JV never had a shot at Renault with Fisichella already contracted for 2005. I don't think he ever wants to work for Richards again and vice versa.

Sauber was his only real option and besides: Don't be so negative on that team. They are number 6 in the WC standings and the way I see it for 2005, Renault in all likelihood will go backwards when Mc Laren and Williams find back to their previous form whereas Sauber remains #6 or might even improve given their new wind tunnel.