LSAT MELTDOWN!!! | FerrariChat

LSAT MELTDOWN!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Sep 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    My brain feels like damn Chernobyl 5 minutes before meltdown. October 2nd is my test date, and I've been spending about 6 hours a day for the past month on formal logic diagrams, conditional statement analysis, sufficient and necessary statements, cause and effect, and of course the lovely logic games.

ARRRRGHHH!!!

I dream of the stuff - literally. I have at least two dreams a night where I am filling in bubbles to impossibly difficult logic questions, without a clue as to what the hell I am doing.

That's IF I can sleep! I hit the pillow at 11 or so, and sit awake until 2 or 3, my brain attempting to sort out all of this crap.

I just want to get this damn test OVER WITH.

Ryan - I ENVY YOU!!!!!

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    another reason im not becoming a Lawyer or Dr.

but i know what ur going through, every day i have SATs in the back of my mind and realizing i have to take the REAL one in the spring makes me worry. And of course they have to change it for my graduation year which is already the highest birth year next to baby boom years. good luck with it though

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Nibbles,

I am there with you. I have been doing 4 hours since May, so you can imagine how I feel. I have been practicing 2 diags per week, and am right where I want to be.

Good luck buddy. See ya on the east coast ;)

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I plan on taking it next October. I was going to take it in the summer but with all the things I have next semester I don't think I will have time to practice/study like I want.

I want to start preparing really early but am scared I will get so tired of it that I'll start putting it off more and more. One of my friends said that she will take it too. I think that will help me stay motivated.

Good luck next month guys.

5. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    For all of you planning on taking it - if you have not yet purchased Powerscore's "Logic Games Bible" and "Logic Reasoning Bible", DO SO!

I originally purchased Kaplan, Barron's, and Princeton Review. I did a bunch of the tests in those books, and attempted to learn via their lessons. After reading good reviews about Powerscore's materials, I bought them, and they are GREAT. They really focus on the core concepts that are needed to tackle the LR and LG LSAT sections. BUY THEM! TRUST ME! And toss all of your Princeton Review, Kaplan, and Barron's stuff. (I am not, in any way, affiliated with Powerscore - just trying to pass along things that have helped me.)

Ryan - what are your diag's looking like so far? I've taken four of the "10 Real LSATs" and am scoring, at my peak, a 163. I hope to pick up at LEAST (you like that reference? :) ) 3 more points after finishing the two powerscore books, but who the hell knows what the real deal will yield for me.

Also - what are your current (reasonable) picks for law school? I'm applying to all the UCs, (Hastings and Davis should be "ins", Boalt and UCLA are reaches right now), 5 T14 schools (maybe more if I score well enough on the LSAT), and UNLV as one of my safties.

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    If you guys would just acknowledge that you're failures, destined to be losers in life, and git' on down to McDonalds and fill out that McApplication, you would have a lot less stress in your lives.

Remember - aim low and you'll never suffer disappointment. That's my motto!

/sarcasm

7. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I wish I had the discipline to study as much as you guys are for this thing. I will also be taking it October 2nd, and I want to have the preliminary part of all my apps in by October 15th, so that I can get early notificiation (where available).

I've really like the LSAC's LSAT SuperPrep. It has three full length real LSATs with full explanations for each answer choice on each question. Very detailed, and great for figuring out why you missed something.

Best of luck to you all.

8. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

You don't know how easy that would be, or how appealing that sounds after reading sentences like "Although from all appearances no inferences can be made, the fact that most B's are both A's and C's allows us comclude that some A's are C's." for 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, for four weeks straight.

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Ryan - AWESOME scores! I hope your test day doesn't surprise you (unless, of course, it surprises you with a 175).

Pepperdine's a great safety school - with Ken Starr in charge of the law program now, it will more than likely go up and up in the rankings.

10. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I'm busy studying for my Real Estate license exam, October 9th at 8 in the ******* morning. In Anaheim! I either have to wake up nice and early and drive down, or drive down the night before and deal with a hotel room. Just doing lots of reading, studying, testing and more reading.

I don’t suppose it will be quite the pain in the ass as the LSAT is but still something of a pain.

11. CRUSING

CRUSING Karting

Oct 31, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    You guys should be looking forward to Law School finals and of course the Bar Exam. Any of these will make the LSAT look silly. The only nice thing is there are no specific analytical questions on the finals or the Bar. Good luck to you guys.

Don't be too disappointed if your scores are not quite as high as the practice tests after the real deal. I can attest that it happens.

Before you guys put yourselves thorugh hell, make damn sure you want to be a lawyer. I though I did, had even work for my dad in his firm for years. Found out that it is not all that it is cracked up to be, but not before getting licensed in a couple states.

Make wise choices.

12. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Ryan, what are/were your majors?

13. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Business from the Haas School and Legal Studies. Have enough classes for a 3rd, but Cal won't let me graduate with 3, so I picked the 2 more substantial ones.

14. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Pretty impressive.

When I was touring Cal they said Haas only accepted students who had a 3.8+ GPA or something like that after their first two years about Cal. Is that true?

15. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    thats impressive man, hats off to u.

16. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    If you think preparing for the LSAT is tough, just wait for the Bar Exam......

And on that happy note, I'm going back to my scotch