Upgraded Lighting - good results | FerrariChat

Upgraded Lighting - good results

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by EK3R, Sep 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Well I finally got round to fitting my Osram Silver Star bulbs in the car this weekend, and can honestly say they make a huge improvement.

Switched the lights on after replacing 1 of the bulbs, and the difference between the stock item and the Osram one was incredible. The Osram bulb gives a nice white powerful light, the standard one looked like I had a candle behind the lens in comparison, yellow and quite dim.

Would highly recommend it, as a compromise between fitting a full HID system which would cost £500 upwards (along with having to fit a ballast etc which is a pain in the arse).

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/product.asp?numRecordPosition=2&P_ID=121&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=86

2. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

my 355 lights were poor too, the interior dash lights were bad also

3. jrotsaert

jrotsaert Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Jean-Marc
    Many thanks for the post and reference, I was considering HIDs but was not happy with having to install ballasts etc. so after your recommendation I ordered the same as yours for my 360 (in the right type of course).
    Best regards
    JM

4. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Just make sure when fitting them that you don't touch them with your fingers, or you will ruin them! Use a piece of kitchen towel to handle them.