where can i find wrecked ferraris for sale? | FerrariChat

where can i find wrecked ferraris for sale?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Buttuz4eva, Sep 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I am looking for sport seats and i figured what better way then to find a totaled 360 . Maybe i could find the seats i am looking for for cheep?

any websites?

2. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
  3. weimar97

weimar97 Karting

May 21, 2004
    actually, the best places I've seen for salvaged Ferraris was in OKC. Can't remember the name, but I've seen ads in Autoweek.... (surprisingly enough) When I was 16, they let me walk around the yard... It was surreal seeing all those poor Ferraris, Porsches and Mercedes all in different stages of disrepair.

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Maybe "Moogle" has some........

5. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    THANKS GUYS NO LUCK YET ANY MORE?

6. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Where ever you look DO NOT fall victim to those “Paid subscription” sites for salvage vehicles or parts!

I used to advertise in a salvage industry magazine called “The Locator”. It’s a great source for salvage companies looking to add to or swap parts and/or cars. Its worth a look. I have a copy but not here in this office. When I return West I’ll find a copy for you.

Also! Consider contacting a few F-car service/sales depts. They may be eager to swap your seats (assuming you match their interior needs) with factory racing seats. I have seen cars sit on dealer showrooms for a long time just because they had the factory CF racing seats. The GM would give his left nut for a pair of “Normal” seats!

Also checking with the Parts or service depts you may find that they have a pair sitting in the back that they swapped out for a customer.

Also there are many owners who may have a pair sitting in the garage and will sell or swap so its worth posting a “Wanted” add in the Ferrari Ads section.

Let me know if I can lend a hand. PM me with any questions.

PD

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think PD has the right idea. Try to find someone who is willing to trade your seats for theirs.

8. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    i have done all these things already i have a few feelers out there FOCF and FOLI are on the look out for me thanks for the heads up pimp talk to you soon

9. weimar97

weimar97 Karting

May 21, 2004
    Oklahoma Foreign... that's what is was. Thanks for reminding me Scott!

10. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Brad,

I haven't met you yet but my name's Dave.... I'm friends with Michael355. One of these days I'll get together with the crew!

Hey, if you come across a pair of stock 348 seats (black or tan), please let me know!

Regards,
    David

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Brad, have you tried Tom Shaughnessy...? He recently joined FerrariChat but has his own website: www.patrickottis.com...

On the links page of The Ferrari Market Letter, you'll find a Ferrari Parts Sources page; all the way at the bottom, you'll see a link to Tom's site... There are plenty of other sites on that page, as well... i don't know how many modern Ferraris Tom comes across, but in his ads, he says he buys just about anything... It's definitely worth a shot...

12. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Brad check with this guy, he emialed me about a week ago asking if I was interested in trading my stock seats for his racing seats. This may be what you need. Only thing is he has got carbon racing seats out of an 01 spider that are tan.

Wade
    www.fortunemotors.com

Todd Marks

[email protected]