Revell F-40 1:12 | FerrariChat

Revell F-40 1:12

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by foxV12, Sep 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. foxV12

foxV12 Rookie

May 29, 2004
    i'm going to buy the new 1:12 f40 made by revell, it's available in september here in germany....sadly i can't find any pics of it, maybe you can help me...

thanks in advance..

^_^

2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Could this model be a repackaged Kyosho? Where are you located?

3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Website only has a stock painting (I think) of an F40. Does Kyosho have a relationship with Revell Greg?

4. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Well in Europe, there are a couple other well known manufacturers that contract Revell Germany to distribute their models, and are therefore boxed as Revells. Cant remember exactly which ones, but Exoto come to mind.

5. Philmodelcar

Philmodelcar Karting

May 19, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Philippe
    #5 Philmodelcar, Sep 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The new Revell Ferrari F40 is a model kit. It is not one of those diecast for amateur... Here is a pic. You can find these on Ebay Germany for more or less 50 USD + postage but it will soon come to US. I don't think it is worth buying it out of Germany.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Im after this Kit. What do you think the detail level would be like on this kit? Much metal parts?

7. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

IIRC, Revell produced a 1:12 plastic kit many years ago. I was told the recent Kyosho Diecast version was cast off the original Revell molds.

I just want to clarify that this was chatroom conjecture, not fact, which I am quoting. Im hoping that somebody here might be able to shed some light, and I surely dont mean to mislead if Im incorrect.

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think Revell owns Exoto don't they? Could it be possiable that this is a downscale of the Exoto F40 they were supposed to come out with..or am I completly wrong?

9. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Just wanted to correct myself. I was mistaken in thinking the Kyosho 1:12 F40 was based on old Revell molds. Going through pix on my hard drive last night, I realized the original model was a Fujimi F40 kit, not Revell - sorry.