Decent deal on a 355? | FerrariChat

Decent deal on a 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ThePusher, Sep 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
  2. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Makes me sad that these cars have gone down in value so much in the last few months. But then again.....I am ganna have an easier time getting my first Ferrari!

3. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    The ad doesn't indicate if the engine out belt service was done. If not, add about $5k to whatever you pay.

I'm also unclear if the car was farted in or not...........

4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I think you are right - it says the 15K service was done - which is really nothing but liquids... So the 30K is due - which is engine out - and if there is anything that needs to be done outside the belts (such as breaks, clutch, etc.) figure as Iluv4res mentioned 5K - but could look like 10K if any of the others are needed.

So figure 67K + 10K to be safe - that puts you in the ballpark on a 24K mile 355B.

Looks like quite a few rock chips in the front bumper as well - no that that is unusal - but the black seems to show it - unless I am seeing a bad reflection from the asphalt...

PS. I was wondering why this guy is not selling his house as well - seems like everything but the kitchen sink is for sale ;)

5. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
  6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
  7. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    seems a good price if its genuine

8. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I bet the house & sink were in better condition and, therefore, were already sold. ;)

9. Rjones355

Rjones355 Karting

Jul 6, 2004
    Rancho Murieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan Jones
    I have a 95 355 that is probably going to be for sale, if you dont mind a salvage title, as far as I know the car was never in a wreck, it was in a flood over 2 years ago, and for that they salvaged the car. The car has been on the road for the entire time, and for me it has been great, there is nothing wrong with it.....Red w/tan 355 Berlinetta, 27k, tubi exhaust, challange grill, perfect body, perfect interior, runs and drives great, I only want $57k for the car, well below market value because of the title....I love the car and dont really want to sell it but, I am building a pool and want to pay with cash, plus It is my 3rd car and is in the way of parking my golf cart in the garage (which gets alot more use than the Ferrari) any interest you can private message me....

Ryan

10. Rjones355

Rjones355 Karting

Jul 6, 2004
    Rancho Murieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan Jones
    #10 Rjones355, Sep 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think these and other cars in this price range have what is considered high mileage. Later cars with less than 6 or 7 k on the clock still command a high price. Don’t get me wrong; I would buy a 25k car if it were serviced properly. It all depends on what you want; a princess or a driver.